• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I got this on the boards. I've been looking for a decent, affordable copy since the late eighties, when I foolishly sold a high grade copy.6b769pP.jpg 

Jealous!!!!

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I got this on the boards. I've been looking for a decent, affordable copy since the late eighties, when I foolishly sold a high grade copy.6b769pP.jpg 

I think there are many of us looking for "a decent, affordable copy" of that book. Give me yours please. lol

Until then, I'll have to console myself with the first Australian edition.

AJ_mummy_front.jpg.8eab8c5f681cb4f10686a0393f81b0a1.jpg

6 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Anyone know how many "From the collection of Carl Barks" books are out there?

I have only owned two. I also had at one time a couple (not signed) but were rubber stamped inside something along the lines of "If you are reading this comic, it has been stolen from the library of Carl Barks). Anybody ever see any of these?

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have only owned two. I also had at one time a couple (not signed) but were rubber stamped inside something along the lines of "If you are reading this comic, it has been stolen from the library of Carl Barks). Anybody ever see any of these?

I've seen those for sale on Ebay; never owned one but it would be fun to get one of those.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, Larryw7 said:

I liked all of the early four color stories and have found an early run of WDCS with stories by Barks.  I read the Mummy's Ring as a reprint back in the sixties and was thrilled by the art and the story.  All of these were difficult to get in medium grades so I have to be happy with my low grades.

8788236908_052744b807_b.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, ThothAmon said:

Sadly brittle edges.  Looks pretty though. 

5C80741B-0D54-4D1E-B026-3BF2B791D5E7.jpeg

724EA891-5F1F-456A-92F1-C114F8D82C0B.jpeg

I loved the animated covers back in the fifties.  Unfortunately my brother wanted to kill me for cutting up his comic.  Sorry Jimmy, this was done Photoshop.

2950537110_44c66dea4c_o.gif

On 12/5/2017 at 2:01 PM, ThothAmon said:

Sadly brittle edges.  Looks pretty though. 

5C80741B-0D54-4D1E-B026-3BF2B791D5E7.jpeg

724EA891-5F1F-456A-92F1-C114F8D82C0B.jpeg

You know, I've never seen a copy of one of these Dell books where kids were supposed to animate the cover where the cover was actually cut up. But I suppose doing so increased the chances that the book would be thrown away.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:57 PM, Larryw7 said:

Very nice looking copy.  What appears to be a stain in the upper left corner probably brought down what would otherwise have been a much higher grade.