• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You know, I've never seen a copy of one of these Dell books where kids were supposed to animate the cover where the cover was actually cut up. But I suppose doing so increased the chances that the book would be thrown away.

I found this Mickey Mouse in the dollar box at a comic and scifi convention in Houston back in the early eighties.  It was cut up and works as seen below.

2950535324_11eef82abe_o.gif

On 12/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, BB-Gun said:

I found this Mickey Mouse in the dollar box at a comic and scifi convention in Houston back in the early eighties.  It was cut up and works as seen below.

2950535324_11eef82abe_o.gif

Does it ever stop?

On 12/13/2017 at 1:49 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here are some recent pickups. 

Love the ducks

547F55F4-4D97-43A6-8E1F-E0B970995323.jpeg

Some good reading there! Dangerous Disguise is an interesting book; that is when Barks was getting tired of the ducks and put in a lot of interesting human like characters in a fun tale that is quite different than his other books.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:28 PM, Badger said:

Got my Uncle Scrooge #6 back.  This was a bear to get an accurate scan of the colors of the book in the holder.  This is the best I was able to do and it is not close.

US6_CGC_Front.jpg

Congrats on that. I looked for years to find one that nice. Here's mine and, yeah, it's hard to scan accurately. It was in a 6.5 slab as well.

large.Scrooge_006.jpg.395e003131eaa3126dc3b241ecb31c59.jpg

16 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I already have a high grade copy of WDCS #95, but HHWolfman made me such a great deal at his shop yesterday that I had to buy this water-stained undercopy.  I love this cover...and I also picked up this undercopy #104 from him...

==Dis-WDCS95-4.0.jpg

==Dis-WDCS104-4.5.jpg

I can't help picking up dupes of these books either for great prices. I think I have three copies of #98 for that reason.

This is a recent find and I was wondering if  Uncle Scrooge 179 is considered that rare anymore.  This was a big deal during the 90's at least in the

Comic Book Market Place. Please forgive this Bronze age US in the Goldenage section. Wanted some knowledgeable feedback.

uncle scrooge 179 whitman.jpg

1 hour ago, Hap Hazard said:

This is a recent find and I was wondering if  Uncle Scrooge 179 is considered that rare anymore.  This was a big deal during the 90's at least in the

Comic Book Market Place. Please forgive this Bronze age US in the Goldenage section. Wanted some knowledgeable feedback.

uncle scrooge 179 whitman.jpg

it was still selling well on ebay last I checked.