• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2018 at 8:21 PM, Sqeggs said:

I caught the occasional episode of Duck Tales when my kids were little.  Where was Donald?  I don't think he was in any of the episodes I saw.  Was there ever an explanation of that? hm

He was in a few episodes.  They explained his absence by saying he was in the Navy at the time.

17 hours ago, Badger said:

Picked up a couple of Four Color issues today.  Not high grade but I tend to channel scrooge when I buy Duck books.  Its more about the deal than about the grade to a certain extent.

fc_328_front.jpg

fc_408_front.jpg

Both great stories, the Old California issue is really a fantastic piece and captures the feel of the ranchos pretty well. Donaldo! And of course, the Golden Helmet is simply a classic and "Ickus Spikus Lickus" still comes in handy when making lawyer jokes.

24 minutes ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Both great stories, the Old California issue is really a fantastic piece and captures the feel of the ranchos pretty well. Donaldo! And of course, the Golden Helmet is simply a classic and "Ickus Spikus Lickus" still comes in handy when making lawyer jokes.

"Ickus Spikus Lickus" If you can't crack a smile at that then you are humorous deficientous:sumo:!

On 6/24/2018 at 5:20 PM, Badger said:
On 6/24/2018 at 4:54 PM, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

"Ickus Spikus Lickus" If you can't crack a smile at that then you are humorous deficientous:sumo:!

FC 408 is one of the best comics ever issued, imho. 

Did anyone else snag any of the Carl Barks' signed Uncle Scrooge copies on Heritage last night? A very wide range of prices for these books but I was happy to pick up issue #20 after trying on 3-4 of the issues prior. On the way from Heritage to my comic room this week!

UncleScrooge20.JPG

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

56 minutes ago, Kromak said:

Out of curiosity, how many Four Color 386 on mint range are supposed to exist? And how many are on high grade (>7 and <9)? Thanks for your time.

The CGC count is 16 copies at CGC 9.2 to CGC 9.6 (none higher), and there are 65 copies from CGC 7.0 to CGC 8.5.  CGC 9.0 has 20 copies.

If any copies were cracked out and resubmitted (hoping for a higher grade), without telling CGC about the deslabbing, then the CGC count is too high... in other words, there are 101 copies mentioned above, but there could be only 95 actual books if the resubmission scenario happened 6 times... or 85 actual books if it has happened 16 times, etc.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:
4 hours ago, Kromak said:

Out of curiosity, how many Four Color 386 on mint range are supposed to exist? And how many are on high grade (>7 and <9)? Thanks for your time.

The CGC count is 16 copies at CGC 9.2 to CGC 9.6 (none higher), and there are 65 copies from CGC 7.0 to CGC 8.5.  CGC 9.0 has 20 copies.

If any copies were cracked out and resubmitted (hoping for a higher grade), without telling CGC about the deslabbing, then the CGC count is too high... in other words, there are 101 copies mentioned above, but there could be only 95 actual books if the resubmission scenario happened 6 times... or 85 actual books if it has happened 16 times, etc.

May also still be some raw copies in 9.2 or above out there.

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

16 hours ago, valiantman said:

Thanks. Astonishingly high numbers. It's possible that some copies were submitted to PGX or CBCS and so shall be added to the count?