• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

On October 26, 2018 at 6:02 AM, Sqeggs said:

First decent copy I've had of this one.  Went well below guide last night, although that may not be all that unusual for mid-grade copies.  Almost the right season, too! 

00092401670000110354326021.jpg

One of the most awesome Barks tales that doesn't get much buzz. I need to re-read this one. There's an appearance by the witch from Snow White as I recall and the adventure is a fun one.

On October 26, 2018 at 4:00 AM, AJD said:

Pure nostalgia made me put down $10 for this one. I was 8 when this reprint appeared in Australia and it was one of the most loved comics in my collection. I love rebuying these issues when I find them in highish grade and not too expensive. :cloud9:

These books were 32 pages including the FC. So this 32 page story had a page cut - the one with the goofy guy with wings strapped on. I saw that for the first time when I bought the Barks library in the late 80s. I also recall being surprised at the colour of the original Dell edition!

G507.jpg.505872cdc5b5feca1747eccb2a929af9.jpg

Great deal! Last year someone on the boards was selling a bunch of old undistributed Dell and Gold Key books. I picked some up for similar reasons. It was fun to remember the feel of a great old comic for a small price!

Another Barks classic that I've never had better than a beater raw copy of.  Amazing how cheap (below guide) some of these Barks classics are in mid-grade.  Was knocked out by this story when I read a reprint of it as a kid.

Interesting in hindsight that it's only in the reprint that Scrooge gets added to the cover. (A point that I never noticed until someone on the boards pointed it out a while back.)

00100741660000110354326018.jpg

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Another Barks classic that I've never had better than a beater raw copy of.  Amazing how cheap (below guide) some of these Barks classics are in mid-grade.  Was knocked out by this story when I read a reprint of it as a kid.

Interesting in hindsight that it's only in the reprint that Scrooge gets added to the cover. (A point that I never noticed until someone on the boards pointed it out a while back.)

00100741660000110354326018.jpg

I still remember getting my beat up first copy in the mail and reading it! Another of the classics!

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I still remember getting my beat up first copy in the mail and reading it! Another of the classics!

Absolutely! One of the first I read and I remember being blown away by it.:luhv: