• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

Sad day.

I sold a Comics and Stories issue online, and I went to grab it to send it off and it vanished on me. So I went back through my list to double check, and I am missing about 20 WDCS issues. I went through every book I own. Which is weird because its random issues missing, and I keep all my books in order. Some were keepers and some were to be sold. But either way this sucks.
I hope they show up. I don't think anyone took them as I have some real high dollar books in other long box's. Will have to ask my daughter and wife if they know anything.

27 minutes ago, Stingrayiii said:

Sad day.

I sold a Comics and Stories issue online, and I went to grab it to send it off and it vanished on me. So I went back through my list to double check, and I am missing about 20 WDCS issues. I went through every book I own. Which is weird because its random issues missing, and I keep all my books in order. Some were keepers and some were to be sold. But either way this sucks.
I hope they show up. I don't think anyone took them as I have some real high dollar books in other long box's. Will have to ask my daughter and wife if they know anything.

it sucks when books go missing. Here's hoping your daughter has a secret duck fetish!

56 minutes ago, Stingrayiii said:

Sad day.

I've had this happen, and then found them "two in a bag" with the backing board separating them. Usually happens when bagging books and run low on supplies and then forget to separate and bag and board the "doubled" issues when further supplies are secured.

I didn't notice it straight away as the books are pretty tight in the boxes and i'm only looking at the book covers facing me - not the backs.

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

A Wonder Con pickup. I went in looking for Dells and wasn't disappointed!

tn_WDCS88.jpg

The Gladstone Gander story in this is one of my fondest childhood memories.  I was too young to remember where or how I got a reprint but I remember how great I thought the story was!

15 hours ago, Badger said:

The Gladstone Gander story in this is one of my fondest childhood memories.  I was too young to remember where or how I got a reprint but I remember how great I thought the story was!

I've probably read before but I always enjoy reading again in the original form! Plus it's got a great Kelly cover! Oh and I didn't even realize it is Gladstone's first appearance until now!!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

15 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I've probably read before but I always enjoy reading again in the original form! Plus it's got a great Kelly cover! Oh and I didn't even realize it is Gladstone's first appearance until now!!

One of the greatest first appearance stories ever regardless of genre.:cloud9:

2 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

There was a slightly lower grade copy on CC, but the book was miscut, so I sniped this book from Heritage.  I still have my reader copy that I bought in the 70’s.

66D271C5-2BB8-468A-9807-328E2D006D70.jpeg

In my opinion one of Barks' most awesome tales. I still remember getting my first do eared copy from a Buyer's Guide ad around 1974 or so. I was so happy to get this book and enjoyed the story so much. I still have that battered copy along with a nicer one. Great copy!

23 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

In my opinion one of Barks' most awesome tales. I still remember getting my first do eared copy from a Buyer's Guide ad around 1974 or so. I was so happy to get this book and enjoyed the story so much. I still have that battered copy along with a nicer one. Great copy!

I know I've read VooDoo HooDoo but I do not remember it. Still, a good reason to break out one of my reprints!:banana:

21 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

A Wonder Con pickup. I went in looking for Dells and wasn't disappointed!

tn_WDCS88.jpg

Sweet, was this from Terry (he had a very nice selections of Ducks)?

59 minutes ago, Badger said:

I know I've read VooDoo HooDoo but I do not remember it. Still, a good reason to break out one of my reprints!:banana:

I believe that most (maybe all) the reprints had some censoring.  Apparently, the zombie character was considered too scary and was party redrawn (not sure if by Barks or someone else).  There may have been other changes as well.