• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

There was a thread in CG about the best and worst depictions of a character. I put these up but thought I'd throw the question out here: was any duck artist better than Barks, and was there ever a worse take than Vic Lockman?

image.jpeg.8c6108ca54cdae8c8bf9823475265036.jpegimage.jpeg.9092dbd1cacdb00946f7c16db79fad03.jpeg

8 hours ago, AJD said:

There was a thread in CG about the best and worst depictions of a character. I put these up but thought I'd throw the question out here: was any duck artist better than Barks, and was there ever a worse take than Vic Lockman?

image.jpeg.8c6108ca54cdae8c8bf9823475265036.jpegimage.jpeg.9092dbd1cacdb00946f7c16db79fad03.jpeg

I believe Rosa is as good- not better, but as good- as Barks.

10 hours ago, Foley said:

I think the very early stuff was worse personally, but not sure it really counts because the character hadn't evolved yet.  

Platinum Age (1897-1937):Miscellaneous, Walt Disney's Donald Duck Linen (Whitman, 1935). This, the first book devoted to Donald Duck, was written and illustrated by...

I quite like the early long necked, bandy legged Donald. Yes, it's a long way from the duck we came to love, but there's a crude charm about it.

5 hours ago, AJD said:

I quite like the early long necked, bandy legged Donald. Yes, it's a long way from the duck we came to love, but there's a crude charm about it.

Donald Duck is the Ryan Seacrest to Peter Pig's Brian Dunkleman 😂

One or two used to show up now and then, Andrew, but I haven't seen any in a long time and this is the only set of ten with a mailer that I have ever seen.   I think the original owner must have left them in the mailer because the condition is so nice.  Of course there must be more of them out there, but I feel very fortunate to have this set.