• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

I agree that dells were very common back in the day.. When I was playing at being a dealer 35 years ago many of the collections I bought had them so I accumulated quite a few but most were low grade.

They rarely sold at shows so I usually did not even take them.

When I switched to a four color collector 15 years ago I started off with like 75 from this stock. I am now finding many of those seed books are among the 300  that I started trying to upgrade a while back

Long way of saying that I have upgraded a Duck book so something to post here.  That also means that my undercopy is available for its next home

FC 408 DD and the GOlden Helmet (2).jpg

FC 408 bc PGX5.5 (2).jpg

On 1/11/2020 at 5:42 PM, Stingrayiii said:

Well I officially have two issues now of WDCS #31.

I probably overpaid for it. Even though I got it discounted.

20200111_144515.jpg

That is a beautiful book, even with the stain.

What's the long term outlook on these GA Duck books? I've only recently started buying because my motto is ''buy what no one else is buying''. Also I'm a HUGE Disney fanatic so I'm smack in the middle of the Comics/Disney Venn diagram.

I'm talking purely investment purposes cuz lotta these keys even in mid grades are quite pricey and would love the opinions of those more knowledgeable than me. Donald, the Nephews and Scrooge pretty much span many generations but how many people actually know about Carl Barks? 

10 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

What's the long term outlook on these GA Duck books? I've only recently started buying because my motto is ''buy what no one else is buying''. Also I'm a HUGE Disney fanatic so I'm smack in the middle of the Comics/Disney Venn diagram.

I'm talking purely investment purposes cuz lotta these keys even in mid grades are quite pricey and would love the opinions of those more knowledgeable than me. Donald, the Nephews and Scrooge pretty much span many generations but how many people actually know about Carl Barks? 

Ducktales is back on Disney TV so a new generation is being educated on the Ducks. Inside the show there are shout-outs to the classic Barks comics and there are even a few hidden Barks Duck painting floating around. I do not think any of these books will have a potential return like some other GA or SA but I do not think it will become valueless.  These books will always have some demand.

Still, I channel my inner Scrooge when I buy Disney books so my collection quality is all over the map. Want to sell me a Four Color 199 in VG for $50? I'm in! A graded 9.4 FC 147 for less than half historical prices? Yes, please! There are bargains to be had on Duck books but I have noticed the market for books >=8.0 is still going up after tanking 10 or so years ago.

Buy what you love and pay what you can stand then sell at a loss.

Oh wait, that last part is just me. Carry on!