• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, dikran1 said:

What's the long term outlook on these GA Duck books? I've only recently started buying because my motto is ''buy what no one else is buying''. Also I'm a HUGE Disney fanatic so I'm smack in the middle of the Comics/Disney Venn diagram.

I'm talking purely investment purposes cuz lotta these keys even in mid grades are quite pricey and would love the opinions of those more knowledgeable than me. Donald, the Nephews and Scrooge pretty much span many generations but how many people actually know about Carl Barks? 

Hard to say really, I think they are undervalued at the moment. I prefer to collect 8.0 and above as they are hard to come by in higher grade. I don't think there will be a jump in prices for lower grade under 8.0 as much as there is plenty to choose from that are under 8.0.
Once you start getting into the 9.0 and up range it gets expensive really quick.

As for key issues I afford what I can get. And it is usually around 5.5 area. Unless I get lucky somewhere and find it on the cheap.

And show us what you get!

Edited by Stingrayiii

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

It’s an election year. I’m considering an independent...:roflmao:

68AB4D9E-6BDB-4F0A-A8CE-5198470E264F.jpeg

Love that one Bob - the early long-beaked Donald is quite a different look. Vote early and vote often!

I have to ask here, what do you guys think a Carl Barks signature is worth? What value does it add to a book?

I see this book here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Four-Color-386-Uncle-Scrooge-1-Signed-By-Carl-Barks/283779707200?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

And I wonder what added value does it add?

Just a curious thought.

Not interested in the book as I have my copies already, but was just curious.

Any thoughts?

54 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Staples cleaned? Who cares?!

I am popping this and all my Ducks out and putting them in Mylar and reading through them in color anytime I want. 

78DB8014-E5C8-4BC5-9E18-C5ECEC79DF6C.jpeg

That is a tough one to find in nice shape so, heck yeah!, give me some cleaned staples! Nice book!