• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Stingrayiii said:

Yeah, I also popped in a bid but was nowhere near that price!

17 hours ago, Stingrayiii said:

Prices on early high grade ducks have been very strong lately. By the way is that your Vette? If so it looks like a beut.

2 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Prices on early high grade ducks have been very strong lately. By the way is that your Vette? If so it looks like a beut.

No not mine. I strive for this one though. One day.
I have had a Black 74 Vette 454. And a 2006 Corvette. I'm looking for a 67 just like the one in my pic. Hard to find that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. lol.
I have time though, one will find me.

58 minutes ago, Stingrayiii said:

No not mine. I strive for this one though. One day.
I have had a Black 74 Vette 454. And a 2006 Corvette. I'm looking for a 67 just like the one in my pic. Hard to find that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. lol.
I have time though, one will find me.

I am also a believer in cars finding their new owners! Tell me what was that '74 like with the 454? Curious if that motor was too heavy for the car.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, Stingrayiii said:

I don't have a Clink login - what was the price?

10 hours ago, telerites said:

$6,300

423378558_FireShotCapture271-ComicLink__TheOnlineVintageComicBookandComicArtAuctionand_-www_comiclink_com.png.5cc89cb23cb59f5c0911d632984cd05c.png

Boy that's a crazy high price for that book. Sometime back in the late nineties there was a great selection of very early WDCS from an original owner at San Diego. I mulled over lots of those including the book above but finally pulled the trigger on #13 for somewhere in the $800 range as I recall. Seemed like a lot at the time but they aren't too easy to find in decent shape. Wonder how many people are putting a high grade run together? No easy task. I'll stick with decent sub 9.0 books!!

WDCS13.thumb.JPG.c7ad889d6c6709ba244bcc3f340405d4.JPG

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Boy that's a crazy high price for that book. Sometime back in the late nineties there was a great selection of very early WDCS from an original owner at San Diego. I mulled over lots of those including the book above but finally pulled the trigger on #13 for somewhere in the $800 range as I recall. Seemed like a lot at the time but they aren't too easy to find in decent shape. Wonder how many people are putting a high grade run together? No easy task. I'll stick with decent sub 9.0 books!!

WDCS13.thumb.JPG.c7ad889d6c6709ba244bcc3f340405d4.JPG

I don't collect ducks or really funny animal so there are so many I hadn't seen.  This one is crazy and so NPC in today's realm.  Young uns' smoking cigars and the use of the word midget.  Wild.

Is that date stamp Sep 9 or Sep 19?  Just curious because my daughter's b-day is 9-19.  Cool book and looks real sharp.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:58 PM, woowoo said:

Forget the rest but those are Ducks on the right :whee:

group-8.JPG

Very appropriate to have a "Payday" candybar wrapper in the upper right corner, cuz you're gonna have a massive Payday when you sell these.  I hope there are no chocolate stains on any of them.

2 hours ago, telerites said:

I don't collect ducks or really funny animal so there are so many I hadn't seen.  This one is crazy and so NPC in today's realm.  Young uns' smoking cigars and the use of the word midget.  Wild.

Is that date stamp Sep 9 or Sep 19?  Just curious because my daughter's b-day is 9-19.  Cool book and looks real sharp.

Sorry it's not your daughter's birthday it is "Sep. 9 - 41"; gotta love the books with these date annotations! And yes Disney would go into fits if someone proposed publishing a book like this today!! Different world!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Nice! I'm still paying off a grail or I would have taken a run at that FC #16. Mickey, especially by Gottfredson, is an honorary Duck. :) 

I'll be honest, I never thought I'd win it (especially at that price!) thanks for not bidding lol

Now if only I could find a cheap Pirate Gold and WDCS 31... 

Mailman brought me this cool boards purchase today. Can't remember last time I bought a WDCS. I thought I'd seen them all but this one was a bit of a surprise when I saw it. Nice, early Barks issue. I also collect holiday covers. Happy to get it.

Even like the WWII slant on the back cover subscription pitch.

It also reminds me that I will probably have to wait until then to hopefully walk the streets without a hazmat suit...

comwdcs39a.jpg

comwdcs39b.jpg