• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

Upon further review that census is for the number 4 promotional issue that was ''given out to former subscribers of the Mickey Mouse magazine whose subscriptions expired''. From Overstreet. Only 5 copies known. 

Thanks dikran1. So the left column has data of the regular edition I suppose. Great condition drwente. Here some covers that were likely done by Napoleão Figueiredo did for the "The Great Duckburg Frog-Jumping Contest" and also for the "The Waltz King". Both from 1981.

1564.thumb.jpg.8815f004c363cadc866fdcbe6144b10d.jpg1568.thumb.jpg.0171c84be3f55aca82bdd8832a3fad75.jpg

Some where used in some disney comics from another countries:

1564-grega.jpeg.5788201d0efd36cf42a81c24a97069a1.jpeg1568_colombiana.jpg.2693317f3c53cefa47e7ac0aaa6a37fa.jpg

From Greece and Colombia, 1982 and 93 respectively. There also was three strange, black and white spanish editions of the second cover: https://inducks.org/story.php?c=BC+PD+1568

1 hour ago, dikran1 said:

A little love for the Leader of the Club. 

I managed to find a nice copy of this Barks Mickey. Funny how Donald gets all the love in comics and Mickey is just a footnote 😂

59A2F7BD-9E3B-4307-9603-3097336E11EB.jpeg

Yeah Barks just wasn't into Mickey; story just doesn't ring true like the Ducks. Nice book though.

42 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

Big collection of Mickey mags on Heritage today, I picked up this one cuz the wife and I love Hawaiian Holiday! 🥰

Love the back cover!

Anybody know offhand when Daisy first appeared in print? Mag or comic? 

51073F9A-1089-49EF-9890-D0F1A2C1E0CD.jpeg

1D8B9DBD-0F46-41AA-8A9A-7C7865EF4443.jpeg

Cool I was watching a few of those but I'm more of a WDCS fan than MMM. Nice pickup for you!

On 7/13/2020 at 3:53 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Another Heritage win. I don’t understand why this book isn’t valued more by the collecting community; cool as heck cover.

4A339F92-EDFF-43C1-811F-0862A56AFCE5.jpeg

Nice book with a fun cover but the interior stories on these are just so-so compared to Barks. Still with slabbing one might think that these fun Mickey books would do better as the cover is the best part; Phantom Blot being an exception.

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Such a classic and a real nice one Ritchie. I guess I'll just have to do with this one. As luck would have it, it came along for the ride with the rest of the run...

bvdduck3.jpg

Love it! Wish I had some bound volumes. It seems like every time they come up for sale I either have no money or there is something else I want just a little more. Or a pandemic. :cry:

24 minutes ago, Badger said:

Love it! Wish I had some bound volumes. It seems like every time they come up for sale I either have no money or there is something else I want just a little more. Or a pandemic. :cry:

I've only got one, Four Color 1105-1116.  LCS find, I think it was only $50.  It's fun.  Only one duck book in it, though.

Four_Color_bound.jpg

image.jpg.50bf28316ce39e798e2dd9a15635ac4d.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

Thanks. This is a cool one. Has all the Barks Duck Four Colors in two volumes. I also have Scrooge #1-40 in two volumes. 

I got these from a friend maybe 10 years ago. He needed the money and I was happy to oblige. He had bought them gently used in the mid 1960’s from Hollywood bookstores. The later ones he bought new. Once he got them all, he had them bound. They are awsome to just pop open and read a few here and there. 

The sad part, and there usually is, his older brother did the same thing with his ECs! But his brother sold them off quite a bit earlier. Missed them...:sorry:

36 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I've only got one, Four Color 1105-1116.  LCS find, I think it was only $50.  It's fun.  Only one duck book in it, though.

Four_Color_bound.jpg

image.jpg.50bf28316ce39e798e2dd9a15635ac4d.jpg

Nice! Looks like a Western File copy. I know Geppi had most of them years ago. Don’t know if he still has them. I have two Popeye ones with the Dellacourt stamp inside.