• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Actually, for all that I'm looking forward to enjoying the Barks stories in those issues, I'm actually trying to get the 204-254 run of WDC&S for the Scamp stories.  The only other Duck run I'm really working on is Uncle Scrooge 1-71

Why start at 204 (besides the scamp stories)...the issues under 204 are still pretty cheap in mid to low grade?

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Why start at 204 (besides the scamp stories)...the issues under 204 are still pretty cheap in mid to low grade?

Because, as you said, I'm the Strange Adventures guy and the EC guy and you didn't even mention that I'm the Looney Tunes guy... I'll pick up earlier issues when I see them happily, and I have quite a few.  But I'm only specifically looking for that particular run.  Although one of these years I want to get 34-41 for the Walt Kelly stories.

22 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Not sure if this counts but hard a heck of a hard time finding one of these and here is good old Donald , in trouble again and not quite yet aware . Ah yes this is the real deal not the often seen reprintimage.thumb.jpg.8243b0298608a01c137aced212fd16e4.jpg

That's really cool! What year is it from?

2 hours ago, dikran1 said:

I know we tend to shy away from monetary talk on this thread but there have been some very strong prices for Barks books lately and especially early WDCS. 

Tell me about it. I was the underbidder on a #2 and a #5 (twice) in the past month. :sorry:

On 4/27/2021 at 6:56 AM, Bowie238 said:

Does anyone know the print runs of US180-181?I know 179 is the grail but I got nice copies of the others and I'm curious how many are out there.also 198 if anyone knows

I think the grail you are referring to is #178?