• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Transplant said:

I think the grail you are referring to is #178?

Are you thinking of Four Color 178? I think he means Gold Key Uncle Scrooge #179, which was only ever sold in a three pack. The next two are meant to be harder to find than the other GK copies too, but 179 is the toughie.

14 hours ago, Badger said:

Another copy of Donald Duck #27 in 9.4 surfaced in this weeks Heritage Sunday Auction. Closed at $7200, including Buyer's Premium. :ohnoez:

Here's the other certified copy. :devil:

DD_27_CGC_Front.thumb.jpg.6d3d8b85d0576c7e4e1158d8063f4cfb.jpg

Gorgeous!!! (worship)

5 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Gorgeous!!! (worship)

Thanks! This book is on my "never sell" list as it is one of my favorites and, more importantly, it is one of my wife's favorites. Still, it is very nice to see it being appreciated. :) 

15 hours ago, Badger said:

Another copy of Donald Duck #27 in 9.4 surfaced in this weeks Heritage Sunday Auction. Closed at $7200, including Buyer's Premium. :ohnoez:

Yeah that price astounded me. It was the only book I was watching this week and it was at $300-400 on Sunday morning so how it goes to a final bid of $6000. is beyond me. And as to being worth that? If it is I also have a beautiful copy of this book that I would consider selling for that kind of money.

26 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Yeah that price astounded me. It was the only book I was watching this week and it was at $300-400 on Sunday morning so how it goes to a final bid of $6000. is beyond me. And as to being worth that? If it is I also have a beautiful copy of this book that I would consider selling for that kind of money.

I have to admit my first thought was,  "$6,000?" "That would buy a whole house generator." I then envisioned the conversation with my wife, who gets upset when I sell almost anything, and decided against it. :) As to it being worth that, well, it is the only known 9.4 not locked up in a permanent collection and I know that Metro sold a #26 9.2 for over $5,000 either in 2019 or 2018. Those books are ridiculously rare in high grade; at least on the market.

Edited by Badger

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I have to admit my first thought was,  "$6,000?" "That would buy a whole house generator." I then envisioned the conversation with my wife, who gets upset when I sell almost anything, and decided against it. :) As to it being worth that, well, it is the only known 9.4 not locked up in a permanent collection and I know that Metro sold a #26 9.2 for over $5,000 either in 2019 or 2018. Those books are ridiculously rare in high grade; at least on the market.

Mine is buried in the back of the comic closet. I'm motivated to take another look now but it is probably an 8.5 or so.

17 hours ago, Badger said:

Was following it also, couldn't believe how high it went for, love the colors!

9 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Scrooge FC 386 9.2 looks to be hitting the stratosphere on Heritage this evening. Currently at $8100 w/ buyer's premium. Bet it goes over $10K!

On one hand, I love hearing that Barks is getting the love he deserves. On the other hand, I waited too long to buy a nice copy! :cry:

3 hours ago, Badger said:

On one hand, I love hearing that Barks is getting the love he deserves. On the other hand, I waited too long to buy a nice copy! :cry:

Same, will have to be satisfied with my mid grade copy :(

18 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

Market insanity has reached the Ducks, can’t compete with hedge funds and crypto millionaires... no more high grade Barks for me :sorry:

Well the great thing about Barks is there is so much out there you can read all of it for next to nothing if you don't mind mid-grade books.

4 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Scrooge FC 386 9.2 looks to be hitting the stratosphere on Heritage this evening. Currently at $8100 w/ buyer's premium. Bet it goes over $10K!

That would bring us back to 2005-06 when 9.2 copies were consistently going for $12k or so.