• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

In GPAnalysis' list of top selling Platinum/GA titles for 2007, I was surprised to find both Four Color and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories in the top 10. Four Color is in 6th place, right after Action Comics, and WDC&S is in 10th, right after Captain America. Marvel Mystery (#2 up) is in 13th place.

Although I don't think this ranking reflects the overall market, I still think the numbers are quite remarkable given how little attention these titles receive on the boards. Even the top rated titles, Superman and Batman, each sold less than 2x the total for Four Color.

I'm amazed that they did better than Superman and Batman, even taking into account the relatively narrow universe of sales that GPA tracks. I mean it just takes a few sales of a Superman 1 or Batman 1 to add up to some serious dollars. I guess since GPA doesn't track Comiclink they wouldn't include the 9.0 Batman 1 sale.

The general success of the Four Colors don't surprise me, since it was a huge series and several collectors have been working on completing runs. The various big-ticket sales of all HG Duck issues that have come on the market certainly didn't hurt. The WDC&Ss surprise me, even though they had strong prices in all grades throughout the year. I just didn't think there would be enough big ticket sales to raise it that high.

I'm amazed that they did better than Superman and Batman

Batman and Superman total sales were each greater than Four Color but less than 2x of Four Color.

Batman and Superman total sales were each greater than Four Color but less than 2x of Four Color.

Got it, didn't read tb's post carefully enough. :blush:

That's right - sorry for not making that clear, tth2. Sales for Superman and Batman were almost identical and each around 1.8 times the sales for Four Colors. This makes me wonder how Four Colors did in 2006 when tth2's Barks FC collection alone must have brought in close to the total 2007 figure.

Glad you liked the #2. I love finding these early, simple covers in this shape.

wdcs23_907_1000.jpg

Golly gee :censored::censored: and :censored: that's nice! (worship)