• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

I was just going through a box I haven't looked in for a while and found some late run Dell WDC&S issues. I noticed the cover date on this one.

wdcamps_238_zpsq5wajjps.jpg

Happy 56th birthday to WDC&S #238!

Nice book Andrew, but yet again a duck cover raises questions.

Donald and the nephews are ducks. Water fowl. Webbed feet and all that.

Why do they need old inner tubes to go in the water? (shrug)

let's get back to sharing ducks.

Here's my latest. The tortoise keeps inching along, though it's slow going these days.

wdcamps_012_zps3qmtxdin.jpg

I have my eye on another one finishing this weekend. We'll see...

:applause: Nice & tight.

I really like how they colored the reflection of the car in the water. A detail I never would have noticed with a lesser copy and it's also a compliment on all your scans. :thumbsup:

:wishluck: on the next one.

This thread was sinking into the Stygian darkness, so I thought I'd revive it with a couple of great back cover movies ads from WDC&S. These are from ... 77 respectively.

zwdcamps_077_raw_back_zpsjvbhkdin.jpg

Those are really nice. I love Song of the South (Brer Rabbit, anyway)! :cloud9:

The Uncle Remus crew is my favourite!

(thumbs u

Bumping this as I wished to ask you all which stories from the comic books (not just Barks, all Disney authors) you would consider the most important, the more relevant – both personally and usually acknowledged as such, and the corresponding issues.

The newspaper strips are fine too, but obviously harder to collect as first editions…

I’d really appreciate your input… :)

I know for sure I’d like the newspaper strips of "Outwits the Phantom Blot"… :cloud9:

"Christmas for Shacktown" is my favorite closely followed by "Trick or Treat" in DD #26. Both classics!

Both are excellent. Also among my favorites are Only a Poor Old Man and The Golden Helmet. The Gilded Man I'm partial to because FC 422 was one of the first GA comics I ever bought. Paid 2 cents for it. :D

Thanks – I guess this was overlooked. :)

"Christmas for Shacktown" and "Trick or Treat" are surely among the mandatory inclusions.

"Only a poor old man" as well. And of course "Christmas on bear mountain" and "Back to the Klondike".

Besides "The Terror of the Beagle Boys", do you have other stories to suggest that represented first appearances worth of note? First apperance from syndicated strips as well, indicating the date.

And then Mickey Mouse and the other characters… Aside from Four Color #16 (which in the end is a reprint).

Thanks much!

"Christmas for Shacktown" is my favorite closely followed by "Trick or Treat" in DD #26. Both classics!

Both are excellent. Also among my favorites are Only a Poor Old Man and The Golden Helmet. The Gilded Man I'm partial to because FC 422 was one of the first GA comics I ever bought. Paid 2 cents for it. :D

Have to put your 2 cents in all the time :makepoint: