• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,430 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2017 at 3:50 AM, AJD said:

And the final one I needed to finish off the 40s in the WDC&S run. A great Walt Kelly cover.

WDCS_045_zpsfqbfnfmw.jpg

This one hits on all cylinders. Classic Disney artwork inspired by the early animated features by Kelly; great characters and a big old book of fun features!!

1 hour ago, Yellow Kid said:

A great classic!  You've got a beautiful. historic page nicely framed.  I've got room for it on my walls if you don't have any place to put it.  Congratulations!

Thanks.  The fact that it was already nicely framed was a real attraction to me.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:12 PM, pooroldman said:

Pretty book.  Is this a recent acquisition?

Yes.  Just won it on Heritage on Sunday.  They have been listing quite a few Disney books in their recent auctions. 

What a great deal!  Any issues in the first 30 pre-Barks era are special, and to get an issue with work by two of the giants in the field is even better.  The early books with only six panels per page really showcase the art.  Very cool!

12 hours ago, Duffman_Comics said:

That's a cracker inside front cover ad.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why there are so many copyright years? GCD doesn't indicate any of the contents were published before 1943 - but there are gaps in the "record".

I imagine they are the copyright years of the newspaper strips reprinted throughout.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, sfcityduck said:

Love your US No. 1.  I really want one.  Here's my US No. 2.  I'm dying of impatience waiting for my "fast track" grade for this FC 456:

image.jpeg.2f4370623a9f98701741280ce1efa

Anyone got a US No. 3 to post?

That's cool.  You just don't see many Scrooge #2's