• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2017 at 8:02 PM, Sqeggs said:

He had to redraw the opening splash (deemed too scary in those pre-code days) and cut a couple of sequences in the body of the story.  One for being too scary and one for being too sexy.  Luckily the original art survived and the story appears as Barks originally intended in the recent Fantagraphics reprint.

This one?
https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-Donald-Duck-Library/dp/1606998749/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1492964095&sr=8-14&keywords=donald+duck+fantagraphics

On April 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM, Sqeggs said:

He had to redraw the opening splash (deemed too scary in those pre-code days) and cut a couple of sequences in the body of the story.  One for being too scary and one for being too sexy.  Luckily the original art survived and the story appears as Barks originally intended in the recent Fantagraphics reprint.

You wouldn't happen to have that Fantagraphics reprint, in order to post those images, would you, kind sir? :wishluck:

2 hours ago, Readcomix said:
On 4/4/2017 at 8:02 PM, Sqeggs said:

You wouldn't happen to have that Fantagraphics reprint, in order to post those images, would you, kind sir? :wishluck:

I do, but it's a bit too tightly bound to easily scan.

24 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
32 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I do, but it's a bit too tightly bound to easily scan.

Ah , I understand.

And, as it turns out, it's apparently no longer possible to post images from PB to the boards.  Here's hoping they fix that glitch ... assuming it is a glitch and not a change in policy.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

And, as it turns out, it's apparently no longer possible to post images from PB to the boards.  Here's hoping they fix that glitch ... assuming it is a glitch and not a change in policy.

Thank you; I thought that was just me (connectivity issues or somesuch)

On 4/22/2017 at 10:09 PM, sagii said:
On 4/22/2017 at 9:56 PM, AJD said:

This caught my eye in the morning paper. A street poster in the French Presidential election:

1492898271980.jpg

Yet another Billionaire running for office....

lol

4 minutes ago, AJD said:

Another one off the want list. I've wanted one of these for a long time - I love the colouring on the cover.

WDCS_048_zpsweylv1m7.jpg

Really nice copy.  Early Disney/Warners cross-over:  Donald and PePe Le Pew :)

10 hours ago, AJD said:

And the final one I needed to finish off the 40s in the WDC&S run. A great Walt Kelly cover.

WDCS_045_zpsfqbfnfmw.jpg

Love these… It‘s one of the few I have, chosen for the war insigna, Dwarf covers and Gremlin stories.
And in a number of issues also "Mickey Mouse in World War 2" story reprinted from the newspapers… :x