• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Vision

9 posts in this topic

I am a fan. I find it deeply disturbing and a compelling example of modern society's nature surrounding fear of the unknown/different, fear of change and how they create hate.

Oh yeah, it's almost eerie how topical this book is right now. This book has really struck me. As a long-time Vision fan, I can't help but feel this might be one of the most important stories ever told with the character, and while it's always a bit hasty to pronounce any modern book future keys... well, I think the shoe fits here.

It's just such a haunting book about love, fear of the other, fear of change, and the things that make man beautiful and ugly all at the same time. Can we talk about how great the titles for the two arcs are? "A Little Less than a Man" and "A Little Better than a Beast." Oooooof, that really hits me and it's a straight rip from The Merchant of Venice to boot. Such a beautiful allusion to another story about prejudice.The chilling use of memory and foreshadowing, it all leads to such a beautiful, haunting book.