• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 50 Copper Books in Overstreet
7 7

402 posts in this topic

Thanks for the input, everyone! No spoilers here, but I have made a number of changes based on the discussion here. No list will EVER make everyone completely happy, but hopefully it's close to a consensus perspective.

I will post the list here once the guide comes out about 7 or 8 months from now... 

As promised, I am posting the revised list that has appeared in the latest Overstreet Guide(see page 117).  Thanks for all of your input and help with this - I think you'll see that several of the changes suggested here have been made!

Here's the new version of the list:

• Albedo #2
  • Amazing Spider-Man #238, #252, #298, #300, #316
  • Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #320
  • Batman #357, #404, #428
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1
  • Batman: The Killing Joke
  • Bone #1
  • Caliber Presents #1
  • Comico Primer #2
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths #7
  • The Crow #1
  • Daredevil #181
  • DC Comics Presents #47
  • Evil Ernie #1
  • G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #1, #21
  • Harbinger #1
  • Incredible Hulk #271, #340
  • Marvel Graphic Novel #4
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8
  • Miracleman #15
  • New Mutants #87, #98
  • Punisher (limited series) #1
  • Sandman #1, #8
  • Spectacular Spider-Man #64
  • Silver Surfer #34
  • Spawn #1
  • Suicide Squad #1
  • Superman #75
  • Swamp Thing #21, #37
  • Tales of the New Teen Titans #44
  • Thor #337
  • Transformers #1
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1
  • Uncanny X-Men #221, #266
  • Warrior (UK Magazine) #1
  • Watchmen #1
  • Wolverine (limited series) #1
  • X-Factor #6
Edited by Brock

10 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

And next year prepare to argue about x-force 1

Now that you mention it, I'm starting to think McSpidey #1 should be on there, maybe the Platinum or Gold w/ UPC if it needs to be "big bucks" to make the list, but that, X-Force 1 and X-Men 1 were so huge upon release and certainly were the genesis for the Image break-away for all 3 creators. McSpidey was the first, though. I'd drop Suicide Squad #1 to make room.

4 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Thor 337 isn't copper, it's Bronze, came out in 1983 if we are talking 1984-1991. Marvel Graphic Novel 4 came out in 1982 and Spawn 1 came out in 1992.  

Thor 337 has no bronze feel to me whatsoever. I know people love to say how it seems some titles go bronze or copper or silver or whatever at different times, if anything I would say Thor 337 is the start of its copper age. I may also be in the minority in this, but if the period is only 7-8 years, that seems more a phase than an age. Are we to think 4 more ages have come and gone (or almost gone) since the copper age?

4 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Thor 337 isn't copper, it's Bronze, came out in 1983 if we are talking 1984-1991. Marvel Graphic Novel 4 came out in 1982 and Spawn 1 came out in 1992.  

It’s all a bit vague, isn’t it? In earlier posts in this thread, we’ve established that we’re using a (rough) 1982-1992 timeline. We’re not looking at variants or the highest priced books, but those books that are the “keys” that help define or shape the copper era.

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Surprised there is no:  ASM 252, X-Men 266, Batman 386.  I'd even pick Thanos Quest 1 over X-Factor 6 at this point.

It has ASM 252 & X-men 266....I personally didn't think that Transformer's #1 trades hands that much.... maybe in 9.8 and every once in a while ..... but lol