• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW - Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

430 posts in this topic

I am not sure If this comic goes in invincible iron man vol 1 series or 2

I have invincible iron man 1 ferry variant cover (comic book legal defense fund)

cgc #0276144009

I have a database that puts it with the first series but others put it with the second if it goes with the first can you add it to the set?

Can we get this book:

Title: Inside Image #1 (Youngblood FRONT COVER, Spawn BACK COVER)

Sample Cert# 0276721006

Added to the following 2 sets:

Set #1: Youngblood (Image)

URL: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1979

Set #2: Spawn

URL: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=196

Can we have

Official Handbook of the Invincible Universe #2 (Image)

Cert 0279482020

and

Marvel Team-up #14 (2006) written by Robert Kirkman featuring Invincible

Cert 1208135014

Added to the "Invincible" from Image registry set

Thanks!!

Hi Gemma,

please add 'Simpsons Comics Presents Bart Simpson' issue #99 and issue #100 to the following sets:

Bongo (Complete)

Simpsons Comics Presents Bart Simpson

THANKS!

Can we get this book:

Sample Cert# 0276721006

URL: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1979

URL: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=196

There is NO reason to add this comic to the Spawn set.

:sumo:

I vote to remove it. A comic shouldn't be added to a set because the character is featured in an advertisement on the BACK cover. The book has little or nothing to do with the series. It's just an advertisement! Inside Image was a solicitation magazine. There are NO Spawn stories to be found on the inside.

The Spawn set is getting out of hand. Really sloppy.

I give the CGC and its employees all the credit in the world for maintaining the registry, but it seems like every arbitrary request is being honored.

I think people should give a rational explanation when they request the addition of a book to a set.

Set: WildC.A.T.S.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1692

Books to add:

Title: WildC.A.T.S: The Animated Series #nn

Sample Cert# 0276721009

Title: WildC.A.T.S. Sourcebook #1

Sample Cert# 0276721011

Title: Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.S. #1

Sample Cert# 0276721012

Hi Gemma. I think this one might have been missed.

Can we get this book:

Sample Cert# 0276721006

I vote to remove it. A comic shouldn't be added to a set because the character is featured in an advertisement on the BACK cover. The book has little or nothing to do with the series. It's just an advertisement! Inside Image was a solicitation magazine. There are NO Spawn stories to be found on the inside.

I give the CGC and its employees all the credit in the world for maintaining the registry, but it seems like every arbitrary request is being honored.

I think people should give a rational explanation when they request the addition of a book to a set.

This book has a "flip" cover. One cover is Youngblood and the other is Spawn. The Spawn cover is not a back cover advertisement.

2700096_Full_Rev.jpg

Also, this is not a solicitation for orders like a Diamond Previews. It is a comic magazine with news about upcoming releases and interviews with creators very much like Malibu Sun 13 which you have in your set.

Can we get this book:

Sample Cert# 0276721006

This book has a "flip" cover. One cover is Youngblood and the other is Spawn. The Spawn cover is not a back cover advertisement.

2700096_Full_Rev.jpg

Also, this is not a solicitation for orders like a Diamond Previews. It is a comic magazine with news about upcoming releases and interviews with creators very much like Malibu Sun 13 which you have in your set.

Both Malibu Sun and Image First are solicitation magazines. You can play the semantic game all you want, but the bottom line is that they are not comic books. There are no stories in either magazine.

I don't agree with Malibu Sun's inclusion either, but I didn't complain because:

1. Many people argue that it is the first true appearance of the character.

2. Spawn is on the FRONT and back covers.

You only have three or four comics registered in the Spawn set. I don't see why you insist on adding Inside Image to a set that already has around 400 issues. You already have the points for this comic thanks to the Youngblood set. No offense, but your request is really stinking things up for people who have a lot of time and money invested in that set. I believe that some sort of integrity has to be maintained.

Once again, I vote to have it removed...but if Gemma wants to keep it in there for some reason, then so be it.

Can we get this book:

Sample Cert# 0276721006

In my opinion

2700096_Full_Rev.jpg

Both Malibu Sun and Image First are solicitation magazines. They are not comic books. There are no stories in either magazine.

I don't agree with Malibu Sun's inclusion either, but I didn't complain because:

1. Many people argue that it is the first true appearance of the character.

2. Spawn is on the FRONT and back covers.

You only have three or four comics registered in the Spawn set. I don't see why you insist on adding Image First to a set that already has around 400 issues. You already have the points for this comic thanks to the Youngblood set. No offense, but your request is really stinking things up for people who have a lot of time and money invested in that set. I believe that some sort of integrity has to be maintained.

Once again, I vote to have it removed...but if Gemma wants to keep it in there for some reason, then so be it.

The number of books I have registered in the set should have no bearing on whether or not a book qualifies for inclusion in that set.

Inside Image #1 should be included based on the inclusion of the similar, news-style comic Malibu Sun #13. If one is removed then I agree that they should both be removed. If one stays then I would contend that they should both stay as they both share similar qualifications.

Does Inside Image 1 have Spawn on the front cover?

No.

Does Inside Image 1 have any Spawn stories?

No.

Does Inside Image 1 come up in conversations about Spawn's first printed appearance?

No.

----------------------------------------

Does Malibu Sun 13 have Spawn on the front cover?

Yes. And the back.

Does Malibu Sun 13 have any Spawn stories?

No.

Does Malibu Sun 13 come up in conversations about Spawn's first printed appearance?

Yes. All the time.

So even though they are both solicitation/advertisement/news magazines, or whatever you want to call them, they do NOT share "similar qualifications" to be included in the set.

And you're right, the number of comics you have in the set shouldn't have any bearing on an issue's inclusion...

I just find it interesting that you're so determined to litter in someone else's backyard. If you desperately want points in the Spawn set, perhaps you should buy one of the other 400 issues that are already included there...instead of diluting the existing set with comics (or non-comics, in this case) that are a STRETCH.

At the end of the day, however, it's up to Gemma.

I'm fine with whatever decision she makes, because in the long-run one crappy book is not going to ruin me. But I definitely have strong feelings on this one.

No.

No.

Does Inside Image 1 come up in conversations about Spawn's first printed appearance?

No.

Yes. And the back.

No.

Does Malibu Sun 13 come up in conversations about Spawn's first printed appearance?

Yes. All the time.

So even though they are both solicitation/advertisement/news magazines, or whatever you want to call them, they do NOT share "similar qualifications" to be included in the set.

And you're right, the number of comics you have in the set shouldn't have any bearing on an issue's inclusion...

I just find it interesting that you're so determined to liter in someone else's backyard. If you desperately want points in the Spawn set, perhaps you should buy one of the other 400 issues that are already included there...instead of diluting the existing set with comics (or non-comics, in this case) that are a STRETCH.

I'm fine with whatever decision she makes, because in the long-run one crappy book is not going to ruin me. But I definitely have strong feelings on this one.

Inside Image #1 does in fact have Spawn on the front cover. It's a flip book. Both covers are front covers.

This is not someone else's backyard. I also compete in this set so I am afforded the same voice as every other competitor, here, on this forum. You and I are playing on equal footing in the same backyard.

As far as the level of conversation being a qualifying factor, I find this arguement to be facetious. If a book is more obscure and not well known, does that automatically disqualify it for inclusion?

Besides, based on your responses I'd say the level of conversation surrounding this book is going up by the minute. Is it now somehow more qualified than when we began this conversation?

No.

No.

No.

Yes. And the back.

No.

Yes. All the time.

I just find it interesting that you're so determined to liter in someone else's backyard. If you desperately want points in the Spawn set, perhaps you should buy one of the other 400 issues that are already included there...instead of diluting the existing set with comics (or non-comics, in this case) that are a STRETCH.

Inside Image #1 does in fact have Spawn on the front cover. It's a flip book. Both covers are front covers.

This is not someone else's backyard. I also compete in this set so I am afforded the same voice as every other competitor, here, on this forum. You and I are playing on equal footing in the same backyard.

As far as the level of conversation being a qualifying factor, I find this arguement to be facetious. If a book is more obscure and not well known, does that automatically disqualify it for inclusion?

Besides, based on your responses I'd say the level of conversation surrounding this book is going up by the minute. Is it now somehow more qualified than when we began this conversation?

There is no conversation about this book, other than you and me. There has been quite a lot of conversation about Malibu 13...and it IS NOT ABOUT THE CONVERSATION. Don't try to change the argument. It's about the fact that Malibu Sun 13 is one of the very first appearances of the character in print. You can't say that about Inside Image.

At this point, I've said all there is to say.

We'll let Gemma decide. But hopefully some other Spawn collectors will speak up.

No.

No.

No.

Yes. And the back.

No.

Yes. All the time.

There is no conversation about this book, other than you and me. There has been quite a lot of conversation about Malibu 13...and it IS NOT ABOUT THE CONVERSATION. Don't try to change the argument. It's about the fact that Malibu Sun 13 is one of the very first appearances of the character in print. You can't say that about Inside Image.

At this point, I've said all there is to say.

We'll let Gemma decide. But hopefully some other Spawn collectors will speak up.

Shane and I probably agree on more than we disagree here. I think that this issue just speaks to the basic definition of this set.

If this set is intended to include books that contain Spawn stories, then I whole-heartedly agree that Inside Image #1 does not belong here, and as a late comer to this set I guess I simply did not know. If this definition of the set holds true, then I also agree with Shane when he states "I don't agree with Malibu Sun's inclusion either". Neither contain stories so neither should in the set.

If the definition of this set is merely "first true appearance" then there are 384 too many books in the set. The whole set should be either Malibu Sun #13 or Crusade of Comics #1 based on whichever side of that argument you fall.

If "solicitation magazines" qualify for the set, then a decision to exclude Inside Image #1 while including Malibu Sun #13 seems capricious at best.

If the this set is defined as Spawn appearances, either story, canon, or journalism, then I think Inside Image #1 belongs here as well as books like this:

wizard-press-spawn-wizard-special-edition-issue-1.jpg

As far as the significance of the book goes, Inside Image #1 is significant because it denotes the separation of Image from Malibu. The fact that Spawn was chosen as one of the properties to grace one of the two flip covers is significant.

Many thanks to Gemma for her immense patience with us insufferable nerds.