• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARCRAFT from Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures (6/10/16)

150 posts in this topic

Very interested in the idea of actually watchable video game films and to see how the market reacts.

It will be interesting.

Hitman, Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Max Payne have had mixed results. Yet this is another source to feed films if handled right with ramped-up audiences that have played the games.

it could be like the comic book gene had couple of bad movies mix with some good ones. but most found comic book movies to be childess now look at them making millions and some even make billions. i right now the two films can break the video game wall and those are Warcraft and Assassins Creed.

it could be like the comic book gene had couple of bad movies mix with some good ones. but most found comic book movies to be childess now look at them making millions and some even make billions. i right now the two films can break the video game wall and those are Warcraft and Assassins Creed.

I agree.

Fassbender helping lead the cast with Assassin's Creed makes me feel positive about that production. When I first saw that game, it had me thinking of a movie already. So it could be a natural translation from PC screen to film.

:wishluck:

God of War next?

I agree.

Fassbender helping lead the cast with Assassin's Creed makes me feel positive about that production. When I first saw that game, it had me thinking of a movie already. So it could be a natural translation from PC screen to film.

God of War next?

for god of war it would have to be R-rated and have a great writer & director.

I agree with the above, those are the two that I think will be new potential flash points for more coming or whether or not they get paused for another decade or so.

Warcraft has the base and identity, and a pretty interesting director on this so I'm intrigued. We might be a decade away or it might be the time right now.

I agree.

God of War next?

3 videogame franchises that could be huge in movies if done right.

Halo.

Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat.

Video games will eventually have good movies like comic books.

^ Sounds about right to me; it took comics a long time to become good subject matter for movies and games will take time too. They have the built-in audience though and that's the #1 thing hollywood cares about.

I agree.

God of War next?

Halo.

Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat.

Street Fighter was done so wrong the first time, not sure if any studio would take a chance on it again.

I am looking forward to this one!

(thumbs u

I am too because of Travis Fimmel from 'Vikings'. I want to see how he does in a major role like this in a movie. I have high hopes, as he has done great on the History Channel.

I agree.

God of War next?

Halo.

Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat.

Street Fighter was done so wrong the first time, not sure if any studio would take a chance on it again.

If they can make three Fantastic Four movies,than I can see at least Street Fighter getting one more crack.

I agree.

God of War next?

Halo.

Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat.

If they can make three Fantastic Four movies,than I can see at least Street Fighter getting one more crack.

Animated films were pretty alright. Better than Tekken at least, but not as good as Fatal Fury

Definitely better. Still not excited though.

They made the orcs so HUGE, far bigger than they are in the games. It looks like that guy holding the shield would get his shield arm crushed just absorbing the blow from a hammer swung with that much force. :eek:

I was wondering that, as you 'hear' the weight of the shield when he picks it up. But no matter how heavy that is to the point someone can still pick it up, when you see that troll hammer you know the person behind the shield is toast.

:ohnoez: