• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARCRAFT from Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures (6/10/16)

150 posts in this topic

The monster-looking creatures in this movie are orcs; trolls are a different race. From what I've heard humans and orcs are the primary races we see in the movie; there may be a few others that make short appearances but supposedly no others get significant screen time.

Here's a size comparison graphic for all the races in the game that also shows their relative height in feet and inches. A male orc is second from the right in front with the beard, and a male human is standing directly to his left. The orc in that trailer looked to be several feet taller than the human. Female orc is two left of the human male, and trolls are the tallest race when they stretch out with a male shown as fourth from the left in the back. My favorite-looking races from the game are tauren (a male is on the far right) and night elves (a female is to the right of the troll). Gnomes would be fun to see too (both sexes are far left in front).

kGTo4Fj.jpg

Yea, I'm a fan of the games, but my own reaction and reactions through the Warcraft gaming community have been mixed at best.

You would hope the movie producers are paying attention to those communities, and adjusting appropriately based on feedback that makes sense.

I have a feeling the earlier trailers were released with under-developed footage. I notice as the new TV spots come out, the Orc skin and looks have improved immensely. Like you aren't watching old computer game graphics.