• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is going on with Prize Comics.
3 3

83 posts in this topic

Like i mentioned a little ways back in this Thread, 'Prize pub (Crestwood) is also the name of the publisher itself, as well as the name of it's flagship title. So the Thread should include posts for other titles by them also. Would help ensure the Thread got more bumps if the net is cast wider:

Prize Comics

Frankenstein

Headline Comics

Black Magic comics

Babe

Justice Traps The Guilty

Fighting American

Young Romance

Charlie Chan

Tom Corbett: Space Cadet

Etc, etc

Headline Comics #10.jpg

Edited by sagii

There’s also this one I know @sagii likes too!! Had this subbed and it came back brittle not even SB which is THE MOST absurd thing EVER and why I put absolutely zero faith in the PQ on labels anymore. Literally ZERO. At least the rare purplish cover looks nice with the victorian lilac PLOD haha!! what a joke...still love er’ though tough book with only 6 copies on the census and one of my favorite covers of the run

Prize Comics #43Prize Comics #43Prize Comics #43Prize Comics #43Prize Comics #37

10 minutes ago, telerites said:

I posted my meager Prizes in the group shot thread but thought I would show again.  I also have a really nice copy of #13 I've had for years shown below BUT it is missing the CF - pages are nice, everything tight, dang :cry:

363959298_PrizeComicsGroup.thumb.jpg.323561b64f65ff3650472c1f7912ec2f.jpg

20190217_134154.thumb.jpg.3d0792870464a4c1f1dc2f7018c43ac4.jpg

Nice group! Believe me, buy these in any shape you can. You can always upgrade but on these it seems unlikely these days.

14 minutes ago, telerites said:

I posted my meager Prizes in the group shot thread but thought I would show again.  I also have a really nice copy of #13 I've had for years shown below BUT it is missing the CF - pages are nice, everything tight, dang :cry:

363959298_PrizeComicsGroup.thumb.jpg.323561b64f65ff3650472c1f7912ec2f.jpg

20190217_134154.thumb.jpg.3d0792870464a4c1f1dc2f7018c43ac4.jpg

Love em all buddy!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice group! Believe me, buy these in any shape you can. You can always upgrade but on these it seems unlikely these days.

Thanks RM.  Yours are great.  I had actually forgotten about the missing CF om the 13 and was going to send it to CGC but I always count pages and look through before I do.  It is really nice and tight otherwise.  Oh well, still looks great in mylar.

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Storms has a CGC 9.2 copy of Prize Comics 12 on his website (it’s really pretty I know, my former book).

I have the Larson (CGC 9.0) Prize 9, have never owned a 7 or 8.

Also have a CGC 8.0 copy of Prize 13, another cool book...:cloud9: