• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich's Signature Series sales thread

345 posts in this topic

It's been a very long time since I've attempted a sales thread---this comes from just having way too much inventory---either over stock or just running out of room in storage or my office. The gates at CGC have opened, and more stuff is coming in than going out.

That being said---this thread, as epic as it might get or as lame as it may become---will if nothing else, be fun to watch.

Over 10,000+ books in my arsenal, I've got to do some house cleaning.

My pricing may be aggressive in some cases, and in some cases, it's dump and run. I will say that with some of the more aggressive pricing you may see, please understand it may not be what GPA or market dictates but what I personally feel certain books are worth. I price on a number of factors---what went in to getting it done, how many actually exist (in some cases, there is going to straight up be ONE of a kind books), or what I feel it might take to leave the den.

I may not be married to some of these prices, but it's what I am looking to get---and that's not to say that I won't entertain offers is some cases.

If you want to send a PM inquiring, that's fine, all I ask is keep the thread clean.

No GLWTS, or that sort of thing--- a :takeit: and its yours, and shipping is free anywhere USA.

RETURN POLICY---- you have 24 hrs after receiving the book(s) to LMK why you want to return the book(s). Then you have another 24 hrs to get it back into the mail stream with tracking.

PAYMENT OPTIONS---PayPal or personal check are perfectly fine---as is cold cash.

But I find that PayPal seems to work best, and typically upon receipt of invoices.

SHIPPING ETA---I typically try to get books into the mailstream within 48 hrs of payment.

That being said---let's hit the ground running.

Go big or go home.

FIRST BOOK out of the gate----one of my two Murphy Anderson s/s books.

HAWKMAN #1 CGC 9.0 s/s Murphy Anderson - $1800

White pages. Beautiful copy.

This is the LONE top graded s/s copy out of just two on census.

There won't be another.

hawkman1.jpg

Spectre #1 CGC 8.0 s/s Murphy Anderson - $950

My only other Murphy Anderson book

Actually, there is a third in my run---another 8.0 s/s but it's got a purple strip at the top.

This was part of my epic (and I do mean epic) Spectre s/s collection.

Over the last several years, I worked on s/s runs of all the Spectre titles that DC put out over the years.

This was my crown jewel.

Only four books in census for s/s, no public sales to date.

There is a 9.0 s/s out there somewhere, and then three in 8.0

spectre1.jpg

Famous Funnies #211 CGC 9.0 s/s Frank Frazetta - $4000

My only Frazetta book---definitely agressive to some, probably on point for others---not many Frazetta books on the market these days, most are in black hole collections. This is one that I know I'll never replace, so this is my starting number

famous211.jpg

Conan the King #20 CGC 9.8 s/s Mike Kaluta - $275

Another of my favorites---I love this cover, it was probably my lone favorite Kaluta that I was able to procure back in the day.

Kaluta, as you know, doesn't do shows or appearances---this was one of those things that the LCS in Manhattan was able to get him to come out to promote Fear Itself.

conanking20.jpg

Flash #350 CGC 9.8 s/s Carmine Infantino - $475

SOLD

Top graded copy, white pages.

There is another 9.8 out there somewhere---I'm guessing it's Infantino s/s as well?

Don't know about pg quality though.

I don't have many Infantino's left, but this is my favorite.

A 9.6 s/s sold last in 2013 for just over $200

flash350C.jpg

This next batch isn't for everyone----but it's one of my personal favorite titles of all time.

Pricing is pretty much based on what I personally value them out.

I haven't checked census, but I don't think there is many s/s of these out there beyond issue #1 and #6

MAGE #1 CGC 9.6 s/s Matt Wagner -

SOLD per PM! :thumbsup:

I sold my 9.8 last week for $375, so I am sort of adjusting the scale on this one accordingly.

mage1.jpg