• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellersvilleauctionllc on Ebay

83 posts in this topic

Have you seen this auction within an auction? They have some really great books. So they said you have to register to bid and be approved by them to bid. I registered and guess what? I wasn't approved!!!!!!!!!!! lol I mean who do you have to be to bid in this auction, Stan Lee????????? I was highly insulted. But I think it was because I questioned them because their books say for pick up only but when you read all the stuff on their site, it says you have to work out the shipping with the seller. I am confused. First of all nobody really wants to sell their books if they are not willing to ship them. Let's be serious.

I'm assuming they must have some sort of algorithm they are applying to people's eBay records to arrive at the decision to allow people to bid. I've been on eBay since 1999 without any negs as a seller or a buyer (back when you could get those).

Or maybe I had a problem with this seller long enough ago that I've forgotten about it. hm

Either way, you have to think they are costing themselves some dough by screening out legit potential bidders. (shrug)

I don't want to bid in any auction that would qualify someone like me as a bidder. :sumo:

Nor me, but they approved me anyway. :sorry:

They clearly wanted to increase the tone of the auction.

They ask way too much personal information for a company I've never heard of before...

I guess they figured that if they don't make enough from the auction, they can use my mother's maiden name for other purposes. :D

I don't want to bid in any auction that would qualify someone like me as a bidder. :sumo:

Nor me, but they approved me anyway. :sorry:

They clearly wanted to increase the tone of the auction.

I'm auction deaf these days. I was just curious to know if I'd be approved. Maybe I should ask some awkward questions like Bo and see if they will disapprove me retroactively.

I'd just go to their site and register there with credit card etc. They have a bit of a "chaff" sale going on right now - ends in 2-3 hours that has some good books but in lower grades - Batman#2 in cbcs 2.0 for example as well as high-grade modern stuff -like a CGC 10 SS Wolverine Origins 1. I would swear that some of the cbcs books offered were raw in an auction (elsewhere) I attended about 8 weeks ago.

That said, man, those are some nice books going out tomorrow. If you do a an absentee bid, you could save 5%... check, save another 3%. That's essentially 1/12... as those fees really add up.

They ask way too much personal information for a company I've never heard of before...

What did they ask? I just clicked the button to ask for approval and that was it.

Maybe I went to the wrong place, but they were asking credit card info, phone number, etc.

I guess they figured that if they don't make enough from the auction, they can use my mother's maiden name for other purposes. :D

Yeah, cus' Crapenstein is such a cool name... :o

Ooh...you set yourself up again... :applause: