• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay question

7 posts in this topic

Hey Board family,

hope your all well. I have a ebay question. I didn't do a board serch on the topic. Sorry about that. I have an ebay question. I am looking at a few lots runs all from the same seller. There is a b.i.n. but no best offer. Am I allowed to email the seller and see if an offer can be made? I don't want to break any ebay rules and I don't want to upset this seller. What is the best way to go about something like this? I am trying to rebuild an invorty after being screwed over by an ex business partner . Long story and I don't want to publically air dirty luandary . I just want to move on and be the blind comicpimp. thanks for any help

blind adam out

I agree with the other posters however one additional piece of advice. If it is truly an item you want I would not go in with an insulting offer especially when a BO option is omitted. I've had success offering around 75% of asking price for these types of listings and was able to get for that or 85% of asking.

If you go in too low good chance you may just be ignored. Good luck!

The one thing you can't do on eBay is contact the seller outside of eBay, or imply anything though your communications which may deprive eBay of their piece of the pie. As long as they get their 10%, they do not care how the deal gets done.

While I agree with this--- the interesting thing to me is how hard it is to report a buyer attempting this. I have had a few buyers start nagging me about an item with inappropriate offers to work outside of eBay. But when I searched for a method to report this to eBay, I found no form or place to do so, When I searched on it, I found a link but all it did was lead me in circles to the same two or three places.

I suppose you can call customer service but I try to avoid that if an actual sale is not involved. Seems odd that violations of one of their most repeated rules has no method to report--- as if they are trying to stop sellers from policing buyers at every turn.