• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY seller IMAX

36 posts in this topic

I always try to deal with Ebay disputes amicably but this seller has been a horror to deal with. Started harassing me for payment literally 3 minutes after auction was done, then 3 times a day afterwards. instant red flag.. Item was very clearly labeled unrestored but arrived with major resto. I returned it and he filed a non return (despite me having tracking proof of return). Odd to me because his feedback is not bad, but seeing as he was able to remive my negative immediately, I think ebay ratings are not good indicators of seller integrity.. I'll end up fine through AMEX (Ebay resolution is terrible and clearly favors sellers), but why should i need to escalate that far?

I don't like to call people out in general, but feel strongly enough about this terrible transaction to forewarn potential buyers. Anyone have any experience with this seller?

I always try to deal with Ebay disputes amicably but this seller has been a horror to deal with. Started harassing me for payment literally 3 minutes after auction was done, then 3 times a day afterwards. instant red flag.. Item was very clearly labeled unrestored but arrived with major resto. I returned it and he filed a non return (despite me having tracking proof of return). Odd to me because his feedback is not bad, but seeing as he was able to remive my negative immediately, I think ebay ratings are not good indicators of seller integrity.. I'll end up fine through AMEX (Ebay resolution is terrible and clearly favors sellers), but why should i need to escalate that far?

I don't like to call people out in general, but feel strongly enough about this terrible transaction to forewarn potential buyers. Anyone have any experience with this seller?

Never dealt with him, but I hear you on eBay fb.

As a general point, not talking about this particular seller: The combination of eBay's willingness to remove negs and the reluctance of most buyers to leave neg or neutral fb for anything short of the seller mailing them a pipe bomb has wrecked the usefulness of the system. The result is that many sellers with, shall we say, dubious sales practices have flawless fb.

Not finding anything under that seller name. (shrug)

158896.png.82f1bd591a284fbd2d1603135e6ed635.png

I have a simple solution to these problems, I just don't buy from people that look suspect. I read their neg feedback, and then I look at what they are trying to sell me and decide if it's a good deal or not and whether they look like they can grade half decently. I do not buy from anyone who does not allow the scan to be enlarged, and I do not buy from anyone with fuzzy pics. I also do not buy from obviously over-grading dealers, or dealers who want too much $$$. These criteria have shortened my list of who I can buy from.

Most of the dealers I've bought from could grade well, pack well, and ship fast. I had one problem with someone who only put one piece of cardboard with the book in a flimsy mailer. I gave them a neutral feedback and a lecture on packing comics. They wrote back and were very rude, got the neutral removed, and banned me from ordering from them. Oh well...the book still arrived safe and sound, but it could have been a disaster.

I told Sqeggs about it, and he ordered a comic from them...but specified he wanted 2 pieces of cardboard. He got it.

Not finding anything under that seller name. (shrug)

I tried it in lowercase and didn't find anything either.

I tried it in upper case, lower case, and checked the option for close and exact nics, and found nothing as well.

bodhee, please provide a link to sellers current or previous auctions.

Apologies. Seller is "Imax4" Not "Imax"

I attempted contacting Ebay customer support and was transferred FOUR times to four different departments. Clear to me that Ebay favors sellers, and preferably sellers that have had as many transactions as this guy has had. As I said, Negative removed, award in seller favor despite me having proof of return. With not even an attempt to contact me.

Will just dispute through AMEX and not even bother with Ebay.

HOW does a seller get a neg F/B hit removed??

Have no idea. Below was message I received:

We've removed the feedback you left

Hi bodheenyc,

Recently, you opened an eBay Buyer Protection case for Invasion Of The Saucer Men (American International 1957) Half Sheet 22x28 . We also received the feedback you left for the transaction, but it's been removed from the seller's feedback profile because of a recent decision on the eBay Buyer Protection case.

You can always view the case details in the Resolution Center or learn more about eBay feedback policies.

eBay will remove feedback if they feel it is untrue and / or retaliatory, though their definition of what falls in that range is a little odd.

In this situation, if you received an item that was not as described, returned it and then they found in favor of the seller, who basically said that the item was never returned, then anything you left afterwards, whether or not it was factually true, would be viewed as being left in retaliation for losing the initial case.

Also.

If he had accepted your return and refunded your money, they would have likewise removed any subsequent feedback, since the reasoning is that you have been made whole, and should therefore not be mad.

So basically, you can leave feedback to warn people of fraud, or you can try to get your money back, but you almost never will get away with doing both.

Clear to me that Ebay favors sellers.

I have to laugh at this. On an antique radio board I belong to, the feeling among the majority of the members is that eBay favors buyers exclusively.

So I guess that between the two boards, it pretty well evens out.

I have to laugh at this. On an antique radio board I belong to, the feeling among the majority of the members is that eBay favors buyers exclusively.

eBay favors buyers 99% of the time................I would think if you had nothing to prove you returned the item or seller says he never got it back there is your 1%.

eBay will remove feedback if they feel it is untrue and / or retaliatory, though their definition of what falls in that range is a little odd.

In this situation, if you received an item that was not as described, returned it and then they found in favor of the seller, who basically said that the item was never returned, then anything you left afterwards, whether or not it was factually true, would be viewed as being left in retaliation for losing the initial case.

Also.

If he had accepted your return and refunded your money, they would have likewise removed any subsequent feedback, since the reasoning is that you have been made whole, and should therefore not be mad.

So basically, you can leave feedback to warn people of fraud, or you can try to get your money back, but you almost never will get away with doing both.

Once again, not referring to this particular seller, but this is a loophole that scammers can drive a Mack truck through. It appears to be the basis for an -- unfortunately popular -- business model: Sell restored books as unrestored, or sell books cracked from slabs as grading higher than their actual grades. Those buyers who object get their money back. Scammer rolls along -- with perfect fb.

eBay favors buyers 99% of the time................I would think if you had nothing to prove you returned the item or seller says he never got it back there is your 1%.

I could understand if I had a history of negative feedback, but I don't. I would have contacted the seller directly before disputing through ebay, but he was literally sending me emails harassing for payment from within 3 mins of winning auction (typically a big red flag).

Not sure what Ebay or seller thinks they stand to gain as they I have already been credited through AMEX. Guess the message is, stay away from Ebay, and if you absolutely must, make sure to use AMEX as back up against fraud. Thanks for all the input.

We all have 1 or 2 bad things thats what makes the good things so fun. The car it takes you to work and around for years but when it has a flat tire you dont trade it in. The wife. Work so on so on.

What i am saying is 1 bad ebay deal with 1 person dont make ebay bad.

There are great deals to be made on ebay and nice book you cant find at a great price. O and G.A.tor wont out bid you. (thumbs u

We all have 1 or 2 bad things thats what makes the good things so fun. The car it takes you to work and around for years but when it has a flat tire you dont trade it in. The wife. Work so on so on.

What i am saying is 1 bad ebay deal with 1 person dont make ebay bad.

There are great deals to be made on ebay and nice book you cant find at a great price. O and G.A.tor won't out bid you. (thumbs u

He may not actively sell on eBay, but I bet he still looks and buys on eBay...