• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY seller IMAX

36 posts in this topic

We all have 1 or 2 bad things thats what makes the good things so fun. The car it takes you to work and around for years but when it has a flat tire you dont trade it in. The wife. Work so on so on.

What i am saying is 1 bad ebay deal with 1 person dont make ebay bad.

There are great deals to be made on ebay and nice book you cant find at a great price. O and G.A.tor won't out bid you. (thumbs u

He may not actively sell on eBay, but I bet he still looks and buys on eBay...

:o :o :o :o :o:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated::screwy:

We all have 1 or 2 bad things thats what makes the good things so fun. The car it takes you to work and around for years but when it has a flat tire you dont trade it in. The wife. Work so on so on.

What i am saying is 1 bad ebay deal with 1 person dont make ebay bad.

There are great deals to be made on ebay and nice book you cant find at a great price. O and G.A.tor won't out bid you. (thumbs u

He may not actively sell on eBay, but I bet he still looks and buys on eBay...

I have bought a few things here and there, but not the dialy brouhaha it used to be

When GATor gets back buying on ebay please let me know because thats when I'll start selling again. Bought and sold a lot of great stuff off ebay over the years and the one thing i've learned is that it has provided tremendous liquidity to the comic book aftermarket. Also the nature of markets is that scammers will try to scam. You know seven deadly sins and all.

I buy quite a bit on ebay. I get a lot of lower grade obscure books that most dealers wouldn't bring to shows. There are a quite a few sellers there that are great to deal with (Blizzard, Comicsforless and many others). I do my homework on the rest and haven't had a whole lot of trouble. The fact that ebay nearly always protects the buyer really helps. I would NEVER gamble on a high grade un-slabbed book there hoping for "potential".

I rarely sell there anymore. When I do, it's stuff that has mass appeal or things I paid very little for and can afford to take the chance. I hardly ever sell comics there but do pretty well when I put up the right stuff.

Options as a buyer of comics are pretty limited these days so ebay helps me "get my fix" if you will.

It's becoming impossible to tell feedback lately on anyone. The only sellers I like on ebay (all boardies) have clearly retaliatory negative feedback from people not understanding how pre-sales work and all the sellers I try that have high feedback lately for any raw books I've got burned by. Bought a book claimed to be a 9.0, and that all the defects could be seen in the photo that look like minor ticks. I get the book and the spots in the photo are actually rough blemishes that are hidden by the way the scan was done. Now the guy won't accept the refund. It's getting to a point where it's only safe to buy CGC stuff on eBay.

Bought a book claimed to be a 9.0, and that all the defects could be seen in the photo that look like minor ticks. I get the book and the spots in the photo are actually rough blemishes that are hidden by the way the scan was done. Now the guy won't accept the refund.

Just file a NAD (Not As Described) claim with eBay; they'll handle it from there.

Bought a book claimed to be a 9.0, and that all the defects could be seen in the photo that look like minor ticks. I get the book and the spots in the photo are actually rough blemishes that are hidden by the way the scan was done. Now the guy won't accept the refund.

Just file a NAD (Not As Described) claim with eBay; they'll handle it from there.

Yeah, I'm going through it, just frustrating. I would have bought a different copy of the book at the time in a better condition, and now I gotta wait to get the money back to get a copy in the quality I want.

Imax4 was selling someTimelys and I was bidding on a Captain America #26. He cancelled my bid and ended the auction early. I assume he got an offer from someone and pulled it.

This happens... I guess.

Boo!

Imax4 was selling someTimelys and I was bidding on a Captain America #26. He cancelled my bid and ended the auction early. I assume he got an offer from someone and pulled it.

This happens... I guess.

Boo!

That stinks. I was watching those auctions too. Looked like a really nice set of Captain America issues. He pulled every auction.

I returned it and he filed a non return (despite me having tracking proof of return). Odd to me because his feedback is not bad, but seeing as he was able to remive my negative immediately,

The key step in this process is you going through your ebay account, under purchased items, click return this item or report a problem with this item. From there you select the issue "not as described" and can type in details, can add photos, etc.

A case is then opened and you are able to add your tracking # right there for your return so ebay customer support, you, and the seller can all follow in real time the item coming back. Its an automated process so once the tracking # shows item delivered, it takes buyer and seller to next step.

Can you elaborate a little more on how the above played out in your scenario?

He told me the owner consigning them changed his mind about selling them.

I wonder if somebody approached him and told him he'd get better prices after slabbing the books. (And/or suggested he'd do better auctioning them on a different site...) Save a record of those books and see if they turn up again in the coming months.