• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

Scenes from that battle with Steppenwolf.

Spoiler

Either Zeus, Atlas or some have said Hercules

nLimwpE.png

Green Lantern

oXp9Rv3.png

MxJThHR.png

The same god shown in the red cape and loincloth is the one launching the lightning bolts.

Ja96DaZ.png

The large gods standing being the humans after defeating Steppenwolf.

bg9kqIi.png

Edited by Bosco685

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

'Call it' or making predictions?

Now a disclaimer before I get too grim. It is entirely possible that Justice League pulls a Kong: Skull Island this weekend and gets over $118 million for the frame, although we can debate to what extent that will be a victory for a movie like this. Moreover, with a decent B+ Cinemascore, it is also possible that the holiday legs will still give the film a multiplier closer to Catching Fire than New Moon, and if it does well overseas (it has $70.7m overseas thus far for a $109.5m global cume), then a $300m domestic total is a decent result.

(shrug)

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

'Call it' or making predictions?

(shrug)

This movie cost  $300MM, and Mendelson says it will do $75mm-$80mm if it plays like a typical DC offering.  Mendelson also essentially says that the seemingly inevitable disasrous box office of this movie is likely the chickens finally coming home to roost after years of terrible movies from DC.  

I'm offering no personal opinions on this movie or its performance thus far, I have not yet seen it.  But Mendelson's noticeably dour/sanguine tone is telling and mildly disturbing to me, considering the source.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

This movie cost  $300MM, and Mendelson says it will do $75mm-$80mm if it plays like a typical DC offering.  Mendelson also essentially says that the seemingly inevitable disasrous box office of this movie is likely the chickens finally coming home to roost after years of terrible movies from DC.  

I'm offering no personal opinions on this movie or its performance thus far, I have not yet seen it.  But Mendelson's noticeably dour yet sanguine tone is telling and mildly disturbing to me, considering the source.  

-J.

I asked a question. Not making an accusation. Not everyone needs to like this movie, nor do they need to cheer it on. It's the few that relish in negativity that make this less fun.

I took as you posting this article as new information and making a statement. But in reading what you posted, he also was including an opening for hope. Though it would have been super if this had been a solid CinemaScore 'A' and critics landing at a 90% RT.

Edited by Bosco685

I'm not Jaydogrules.

And I'm not a fan of schadenfreude.

But personally, I'm happy to relish in negativity if:

1) the movie deserves it (which, the critics response and lack of projected box office so far seem to indicate); and 

2) the studios learn to course correct -- take the time to make decent films rather than blindly try to chase Avengers money without first laying the proper groundwork.

Clearly Snyder's ethos isn't resonating with viewers. And BvS and Suicide Squad turned folks off.

As Mendelson wrote, "Twice bitten, thrice shy."

Watched it last night.  It wasn't horrible, better than BvS, nowhere near as entertaining as WW.  I agree with the comments about overuse of CG, some of which looked really bad.  Plenty of holes in the story as well, definitely could have benefited from an extra 15-20 minutes to fill those in some. 

47 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm not Jaydogrules.

And I'm not a fan of schadenfreude.

But personally, I'm happy to relish in negativity if:

1) the movie deserves it (which, the critics response and lack of projected box office so far seem to indicate); and 

2) the studios learn to course correct -- take the time to make decent films rather than blindly try to chase Avengers money without first laying the proper groundwork.

Clearly Snyder's ethos isn't resonating with viewers. And BvS and Suicide Squad turned folks off.

As Mendelson wrote, "Twice bitten, thrice shy."

Totally disagree when someone purposely does this to detract from any positive messaging concerning a TV show or movie others are showing appreciation for.

Stating a few times you dislike it is perfectly reasonable. Making it a pattern along with any negative news you can track down and post to reinforce your message is going to come across extra-negative. Not making a general statement and then moving on to things you enjoy.

Like the person that takes pleasure in bashing DC movies. Even in the DC-Marvel Box Office movie thread where there was positive financial news about Wonder Woman, he posted she must have balls because she was overcoming previous DC movies. What the heck does that even mean when discussing a female character and female actress?! It's all about posting anything just to detract from the conversation.

a crying shame; if WW had balls, she'd be Superman.

(shrug)

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Sigh...

I'm not a Marvel v. DC guy.

But I will say I thought Thor 2 was the worst Marvel flick I've seen (just behind The Incredible Hulk).

A better Apples-to-Apples comparison would be to note that Suicide Squad received a B+ CinemaScore and that movie was pants.

Iron Man 2 is Marvels worst film or is it the third one.... they're both interchangeable.

Id rather watch The Dark World ahead of those two.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

True - and critics seem to like Justice Leage a helluva lot more than they did either Suicide Squad or BvS.

So there's that!

It’s currently at 40% on rotten tomatoes.

A better way to word it might be critics hate it less than BvS.

Either way I’m still going to see it next week. I often am opposite in my opinions of movies vs critics who seem to like a hell of a lot of boring movies I would struggle to sit through and they call “art”... lol 

4 minutes ago, bane said:

Iron Man 2 is Marvels worst film or is it the third one.... they're both interchangeable.

Id rather watch The Dark World ahead of those two.

Iron Man 2 was more entertaining for me than Thor 1 or 2.

And Iron Man 3 ruled -- the Mandarin twist (and fanboy's crazed reaction to it) was classic Shane Black.

Cannot _wait_ to see what he does with his return to the Predator franchise.

Also have my fingers crossed that Doc Savage actually comes together with The Rock.

14 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Only one thing really bugged me:

Hide contents

So when Flash goes out to start rescuing the civilians, he easily has a several minute head start on Superman (and you have to assume Flash is running as fast as he can since there are people in danger), yet Superman catches up to him almost instantly.

So that should say right there that Superman is faster, yet as the same time Flash was able to dodge Superman several times when they were 'fighting'

Very small annoyance but an annoyance none the less.

I thought this was because he went the wrong way 

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

And Iron Man 3 ruled -- the Mandarin twist (and fanboy's crazed reaction to it) was classic Shane Black.

Also have my fingers crossed that Doc Savage actually comes together with The Rock.

There was talk of an Iron Man 3 character coming back for Avengers: Infinity War. So I thought it was The Mandarin.

Spoiler

It's the kid that Tony Stark goes to visit when repairing his suit. I think that was in the second act.

To me, the weaker of the MCU movies...

1) The Incredible Hulk

2) Iron Man 3

3) Thor: The Dark World

But at least with T:TDW, I could see myself watching it again because of scenes from Asgard and the Jane Foster-Thor scenes. I'm oddly mushy over their relationship.

:blush:

Edited by Bosco685

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Iron man 2's only redeeming feature is the introduction of Black Widow, the rest of the film is totally forgettable.

Iron Man 3 viewed as a comedy works great, viewed as a superhero movie or even just an Iron Man movie is a major disappointment and that film made over a billion dollars which is mind boggling.

I have zero interest in Shane Black taking on Predator.

1 minute ago, bane said:

Iron man 2's only redeeming feature is the introduction of Black Widow, the rest of the film is totally forgettable.

Iron Man 3 viewed as a comedy works great, viewed as a superhero movie or even just an Iron Man movie is a major disappointment and that film made over a billion dollars which is mind boggling.

I have zero interest in Shane Black taking on Predator.

Don’t forget peter Parker makes a cameo in iron man 2. Stark saved him and propels him to become the hero that he is today lol 

So the opinion on who we were seeing in the first Steppenwolf battle?

Spoiler

Either Zeus, Atlas or some have said Hercules

nLimwpE.png

Green Lantern

oXp9Rv3.png

MxJThHR.png

The same god shown in the red cape and loincloth is the one launching the lightning bolts.

Ja96DaZ.png

The large gods standing being the humans after defeating Steppenwolf.

bg9kqIi.png