• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

From all what I have heard, read & seen today about the Justice League movie, I am officially done.

Once again, DC gave away to much.

Perhaps don't look at it until the movie comes out? There's an idea :idea:

From all what I have heard, read & seen today about the Justice League movie, I am officially done.

Once again, DC gave away to much.

Perhaps don't look at it until the movie comes out? There's an idea :idea:

Thanks for the advice.

I think it speaks volumes about the industry confidence when they say "there's no part 2".

They've probably decided to see how this one goes to make any further announcements.

WB/DC came out swinging with the info. about future movies and installments before BvS....they were convinced it'd be a home run. Now they're tepid, conservative and guarded with any new info.

I guarantee that del Toro backed off the JLD movie because of what he perceived would be the issues moving forward.....and not because of scheduling constraints. He saw the Synder writing on the wall and said no way.

from everything i have read it seems really fun! i loved BVS and appreciate the darker story but i also appreciate where this is heading as well.

That scene with Bruce and Barry sound amazing along withe the scene with all of them and Gordon...

Im pumped

I guarantee that del Toro backed off the JLD movie because of what he perceived would be the issues moving forward.....and not because of scheduling constraints. He saw the Synder writing on the wall and said no way.

What I heard is del Toro and Snyder were going to have a creative team dinner, and the latter promised the former Grilled Shrimp Scampi with the smoothest of white wine. del Toro shows up, and it ends up being a Big Mac meal because Snyder found out del Toro loved Kingsman. Especially that scene with the meal.

But del Toro had his heart set on the Grilled Shrimp Scampi with the smoothest of white wine. Not a Big Mac and Sprite soda. So the meeting was already starting out at a disadvantage. Add to this Snyder whips out a Butterfinger for desert, not realizing del Toro has a peanut butter allergy. The final results were just horrible. Butterfingers and Big Mac all over the place!

If we are going to make up creative team events and discussions, let's go for broke. Right?

:baiting:

So...

no part 2;

Steppenwolf as "big bad" (but obvious intro to Darkseid); and

lighter, humorous tone than BvS

Sounds to me like damage control / course correction after the let-down of BvS.

Not entirely unexpected, but it would have been nice for them to have the courage of their convictions and double down / stay with the play-book set out in BvS rather than re-jigger the tone & put a previously-announced movie on hold

Good luck, Warner Bros.

You're going to need it...

But...

So...

no part 2;

Not entirely unexpected, but it would have been nice for them to have the courage of their convictions and double down / stay with the play-book set out in BvS rather than re-jigger the tone & put a previously-announced movie on hold

Good luck, Warner Bros.

...the Big Macs.

(:

So...

no part 2;

Good luck, Warner Bros.

i think is more like no part two for zack synder

What I heard is del Toro and Snyder were going to have a creative team dinner, and the latter promised the former Grilled Shrimp Scampi with the smoothest of white wine. del Toro shows up, and it ends up being a Big Mac meal because Snyder found out del Toro loved Kingsman. Especially that scene with the meal.

But del Toro had his heart set on the Grilled Shrimp Scampi with the smoothest of white wine. Not a Big Mac and Sprite soda. So the meeting was already starting out at a disadvantage. Add to this Snyder whips out a Butterfinger for desert, not realizing del Toro has a peanut butter allergy. The final results were just horrible. Butterfingers and Big Mac all over the place!

If we are going to make up creative team events and discussions, let's go for broke. Right?

:baiting:

You're right, it's entirely speculation on my part. But I've gotta wonder why a guy that finds time to do everything else....including write the -script has no time to get involved in the project he spearheaded.

Because he can't work around Pacific Rim 2? compostable_fertilizer. He could come to terms with WB if he wanted to make it work...or propose a different shooting schedule....you don't just back out of your own project completely.

Stealing a quote. This person said it best.

So, Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark is ensembling a team to fight Steppenwolf/Loki, who is leading an army of chitaru/parademons in search of the teseracht/mother box, while Darkseid/Thanos plots in the shadows...

:facepalm:

Stealing a quote. This person said it best.

So, Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark is ensembling a team to fight Steppenwolf/Loki, who is leading an army of chitaru/parademons in search of the teseracht/mother box, while Darkseid/Thanos plots in the shadows...

:facepalm:

That's Hollywood for you.....if the formula works......try it until it doesn't.

Yeah, I'm a bit nauseated by the lack of inspiration as well....there's SO MUCH SOURCE MATERIAL to pull from.....there are SO MANY GOOD IDEAS ALREADY OUT THERE, with AWESOME characterizations that are ESTABLISHED and fit.

Why pull from the weakest, least common denominator pile...and then shake the characters up in ways that just suck?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/on-the-set-of-justice-league-the-movie-that-wants-to-s-1782290344

They know mistakes were made with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Lessons have been learned. And as we watched filming on day 31 of the film’s 111-day shoot, with the fate of DC’s entire cinematic universe seemingly in the balance, those lessons were certainly being put into action.

“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed,” said producer Deborah Snyder.

Really, that's what you learned from the public outcry?

For those who may need a refresher, this year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was one of the most highly anticipated superhero films ever. The second film in a massive DC Universe. Upon release, however, fans were divided over Snyder’s dark vision of DC superheroes. Critics savaged the film and its $873 million worldwide gross was considered a disappointment. “It did catch me off-guard,” said Snyder. “I have had to, in my mind, make an adjustment…

Off guard? Folks were screaming about what they saw teased months before the release.....the horrible portrayal of Luthor, everyone running around with the sad Superman memes.....too many characters with not enough plot. They know they screwed the pooch. And now they're lubing it up again for the next beastial bangfest.

So...

no part 2;

Good luck, Warner Bros.

i think is more like no part two for zack synder

Or....

Zack Snyder And Geoff Johns Are Working On A Mystery Project

JoBlo.com reports:

“Geoff Johns becomes the topic of conversation as Zack shows his admiration for his work and comic-book world knowledge. Zack also mentions an upcoming project that they’ll be working on but wasn’t allowed to discuss further with us.”

Is it another movie in the DC Films slate? That's the most likely answer, though there's also the possibility that Snyder could be working on a comic book or graphic novel. We shouldn't forget that in addition to his position as co-director of the DCEU with Jon Berg, Geoff is also the Chief Creative Officer at DC Comics.

UPDATE: According to Slashfilm, Snyder and Johns' mystery project is not a movie. Back in 2015, there were reports that HBO was considering developing a Watchmen TV series so perhaps this is the project?

frank-miller-ronin.jpg

51XNE7B6W1L._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Or Justice League Dark

Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen Might Be The Best Part of Justice League

Over the weekend, Warner Brothers allowed ComicBook.com to not only watch Miller in action as he recorded a scene on set of 2017’s Justice League, but also showed a full clip of Miller as Barry Allen that had been filmed in one of the previous 30 days of production.

Let’s start with the live set: first of all, Ray Fisher (who plays Cyborg) and Miller have a fantastic rapport. The scene itself didn’t involve much interaction between the two, but their chemistry between takes was a lot of fun to observe. Fisher stepped off set to talk to members of the press, showing nothing but charisma and enthusiasm, and was later joined by Miller who quickly cracked jokes while wearing his full Flash costume. He quickly regained focus, though, as he pulled Fisher away for a quick rehearsal before shooting.

On the set, Miller and Fisher danced around with one another between takes. Miller cracked jokes with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot - she so embodies the character in person that it's difficult to differentiate them). He talked comfortably with Ben Affleck - which could easily be intimidating as a young actor. He singlehandedly energized the set – something Justice League certainly needs following the responses to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Ben Affleck Says BATMAN Is Seeking Redemption In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Ben Affleck is making sure that the Dark Knight redeems himself, and he's starting off by building the greatest team of superheroes the world has ever seen. "Batman went to a very dark place that was rooted in this trauma occurred to the people that he loved and worked with and what he saw," said the writer/director of the upcoming Batman solo film. "This really is not about that issue for him so much anymore. He's no longer extreme in that way. From the experiences of the last movie, he sort of learns some things I think and now is ... I'm trying to say it without giving away any spoilers, but he's feeling like he's wanting to redeem himself and he's wanting mankind to be redeemed and he's wanting to make the world better, having learned lessons that were important in the last movie."

Affleck believes that DC films will retain some of the darkness that fans love. "DC movies are, I think, by their nature still a little bit more Gothic or more mythic rather than some comic book movies are, but [batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice] was a heavy, dark movie. It was really rooted in Dark Knight Returns, which is a heavy, dark book. This is not that. This is a step in evolution from that about bringing together all these characters, ones who had their origins and it's about multilateralism and it's about hope. It's about working together and the kind of conflicts that you have trying to work together with others. It's a world with all these other superheroes that exist."

lol

Marvel fanboys and fanboy critics gotta hate!

That being said, so far the two super-hero movies I enjoyed the most this year have been from Fox Studios.

Edited by kimik

Looks like they've backed off a bit on the plot, hopefully it's not the mess that BvS was and kind of simplified it a bit, Avengers was the same way, Assemble a team, then go fight the threat before it kills everyone.