• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, drotto said:

I like the Batman and WW costumes, but the Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg ones are just painfully bad to me.  Way to complicated just for the sake of being complicated.

Stick to the comics with modern updating but they never listen to the fan base :cry:

1 hour ago, TheLiamSturgess said:

I regret that I agree. Looks like a poorly-made video game trailer. Very disappointed :(

Holy snot Cyborg looks awful in the trailer, and the metal bugs look bad too. I am also getting very very tired of the slow motion action thing, every action shot in the trailer has at least a few seconds of it in the sequence.

Edited by drotto

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

If the intial Aquaman poster said "Unite the 7" and now we're seeing "Unite the League" doesn't that strongly imply that we need a 7th member so we'll see Green Lantern?

My guess is GL/GL Corps does not show up until Part 2.

Part 1 should end with the JL losing the biggest battle and a hint at Superman returning. The second flick should involve Supes and the GL Corps joining the JL to battle a larger force from Apokolips, with Darkseid not being shown until a scene where he is back home watching his side losing and talking about revenge. That sets up the big bad for the third film.

I think Aquaman will be the breakout character with this movie. The scenes with Aquaman and Batman were funny. I like how Aquaman goes off the Batmobile that was pretty humorous, as well as Aquaman joking about liking that Batman dresses like a bat.   Looks like  this movie will surprise its audience.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I loved it. But I'm probably in the minority.

Batman and the Flash look great. I suspect Ezra Miller steals the show.

I loved it too.  And I don't think we're in the minority,  just in the minority on these boards.

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I loved it. But I'm probably in the minority.

Batman and the Flash look great. I suspect Ezra Miller steals the show.

I think you are right about the Flash. He seems seems street smarter than the CW version. I think this Flash will be good. The question is will the CW crowd like this Flash? We know there will be comparisons.

3 hours ago, SkunkApe said:

I loved it too.  And I don't think we're in the minority,  just in the minority on these boards.

Same here. Although I want to see Cyborg more refined (I'm assuming these are not completed screen shots). But there is so much shown - yet not. It looks like DC/Warner is listening when it comes to revealing too much.

Soundtrack: Not as consistent as the Teaser Trailer. Yet it brought a theme and excitement.

- Lead-in instrumental (no idea what it is - but had a western beat to it)
- White Stripes 'The Hardest Button to Button' (they used 'Icky Thump' in the original teaser)
- The Beatles 'Come Together' (I think it is the Aerosmith cover)

Character glimpses: Just enough to make it interesting.

- JL: Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg.

- Supporting cast: Commissioner Gordon, Mera, Lois Lane, Henry Allen, DR Silas Stone, Parademons.

Funny lines: With the 'I'm rich' and even the 'Dressed like a bat - I dig it' lines, a less serious tone. But hopefully not excessive.

Probably the continued complain will be how dark the footage made the world appear. But it is at a point where Steppenwolf is taking over the world, and some of these characters have themselves hidden in the unfriendliest of places. We shall see what the overall film looks like, and if that is the tone throughout.