• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

Two things that concerned me with this trailer for it not to do big box office.  

1.  There seems to be no clear villain as to who they are opposing. All good super hero movies must have a good villain to carry it.  I don't know if Stepphenwolf is that villain.  

2. It seems like it might be the old aliens attack America and big cities get CGI destroyed again plotline.  I hope that is not the main plotline as people have gotten tired of that plot line. Been used already in Avengers,Suicide Squad and countless pictures these last few years.  

What made Logan and  Deadpool special was they were not they same old thing. 

I will say this DC movie could be the hippest and most fun because of Aquaman,Wonder Woman and Flash.  

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Same here. Although I want to see Cyborg more refined

It's the contrast between a human face and a CGI armor pasted on a man in green bodysuit. It looks fake everytime. That's why for example when Iron Man has his mask off, RDJ is wearing the top half of the suit as a real prop. I doubt the finished version will be much better.

ok after watching it god knows how many time now so in a way I really like the trailer. all the footages we are seeing are most likely 1st round or 2nd round CGI work maybe 6 to 8 months old that they gave to the trailer company. 

1. I like how the trailer gives us a feel for each character outside of Batman & Wonder Women since we've had more screen time with them.

2. it gives audiences an idea of the overall story of the film, tone and showing us some Parademons at the same time keeping Steppenwolf off the trailer for now.

3. Yes, Cyborg does look like he needs some more work but like I said it's old CGI work and pure metal is harder to show if it's not near the finish.

4. Flash looks amazing and it seems when he runs he's already inside the speed force which makes him look like his teleporting to places.

5. like that we saw some quick taste to Mera, Henry, and that huge open battle scene.

6. I think Aquaman could steal the show in the movie.

7. best part no Superman besides Lois in the trailer and I hope we don't get anything for him in any of the trailers.

8. so it looks like their going to build the story more of Batman having Robins most likely Nightwing & Rodin(Jason Todd).

My hope for trailer two is that they focus on the story plot and maybe have a scene that shows off a scene with them all.

40 minutes ago, kagenish said:

ok after watching it god knows how many time now so in a way I really like the trailer. all the footages we are seeing are most likely 1st round or 2nd round CGI work maybe 6 to 8 months old that they gave to the trailer company. 

1. I like how the trailer gives us a feel for each character outside of Batman & Wonder Women since we've had more screen time with them.

2. it gives audiences an idea of the overall story of the film, tone and showing us some Parademons at the same time keeping Steppenwolf off the trailer for now.

3. Yes, Cyborg does look like he needs some more work but like I said it's old CGI work and pure metal is harder to show if it's not near the finish.

4. Flash looks amazing and it seems when he runs he's already inside the speed force which makes him look like his teleporting to places.

5. like that we saw some quick taste to Mera, Henry, and that huge open battle scene.

6. I think Aquaman could steal the show in the movie.

7. best part no Superman besides Lois in the trailer and I hope we don't get anything for him in any of the trailers.

8. so it looks like their going to build the story more of Batman having Robins most likely Nightwing & Rodin(Jason Todd).

My hope for trailer two is that they focus on the story plot and maybe have a scene that shows off a scene with them all.

I think he is actually going to be the star. Today I was looking up what the first appearance in comics of Aquaman was for when he first got the long hair and beard look? Lol.

I need to see more to be sold, don't expect this movie to be the best you ever seen. It's about a 2 1/2 or 3 out of 4 star movie. Hopefully they keep it simple and don't over stuff it. The characters don't look to be in any kind of danger or struggle, like "this is easy, so we'll crack jokes" while we kill parademons. Hopefully Darkseid's will show up in part 2 and beat'em all up.

What I liked:  The look of Batman, Aquaman, and WW; the presentation of Aquaman as a kind of loose cannon; Flash special effects; a bit of character clash between Aquaman and Batman that seemed humorous.

What I didn't:  Cyborg's CGI, muddled action scenes (why are some shots established at such a distance?  hard to tell what's happening at times), and concern that this film will follow AOU into "the repetitive and dull battle against CGI minions no one cares about".

Dan

32 minutes ago, Drummy said:

What I liked:  The look of Batman, Aquaman, and WW; the presentation of Aquaman as a kind of loose cannon; Flash special effects; a bit of character clash between Aquaman and Batman that seemed humorous.

What I didn't:  Cyborg's CGI, muddled action scenes (why are some shots established at such a distance?  hard to tell what's happening at times), and concern that this film will follow AOU into "the repetitive and dull battle against CGI minions no one cares about".

Dan

I think I am in the same place as you. The trailer was fine, overall the movie looks fairly good, but there was nothing there to get me really excited. Cyborg needs work. Now the WW trailer has me much more positive and excited by the film.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:54 AM, Straw-Man said:

i liked it. 

:whatthe:

Just kidding.

This was a good second trailer. It looks like they learned their lesson from BvS re: don't give everything away in the first trailer.

This was a great second trailer as it accomplished the two main things they wanted to do:

1) Introduce the new heroes just enough to stimulate interest/buzz either way (and yes, the Cyborg CGI is bad now but will improve as it is worked on over the next few months)

and

2) Tease the storyline just enough to give people an idea of the tone of the film, but not give away everything like they did with the first BvS trailer. This film looks like it will be a lighter tone, and focus a bit more on character development than BvS did.

Right now the main antagonist, Steppenwolf, is being kept in the dark, which is smart. I would be fine if they did not reveal him until the actual film as they do not need to. Focus on the background story of the heroes in the next/final trailer.

I really liked the Amazons battle in the valley scene that they teased. It would be great if it is a flashback rather than in current time.

On 3/26/2017 at 10:51 AM, Bosco685 said:

Probably the continued complain will be how dark the footage made the world appear. But it is at a point where Steppenwolf is taking over the world, and some of these characters have themselves hidden in the unfriendliest of places. We shall see what the overall film looks like, and if that is the tone throughout.

People will continue to complain about it because its a problem, as it has been in EVERY SNYDER MOVIE. EVERY ONE. Can we stop trying to explain that its a temporary choice that parallels whatever is currently happening in the movie? This is an extremely poor style choice that Snyder has chosen, for whatever reason, to make one of his calling cards. Its like Michael Bay and his incessant use of hyper-cutting while zoomed in entirely too far during action sequences. They both leave the audience with the challenge of attempting to figure out what is occurring on screen at any given time. It is obnoxious and detrimental to the end result. Snyder needs to go to an optometrist and get his vision fixed. That is the only explanation for his continued practice of washing out the colors and halving the lighting whenever he puts something to film.  

2 hours ago, darkstar said:

People will continue to complain about it because its a problem, as it has been in EVERY SNYDER MOVIE. EVERY ONE. Can we stop trying to explain that its a temporary choice that parallels whatever is currently happening in the movie? This is an extremely poor style choice that Snyder has chosen, for whatever reason, to make one of his calling cards. Its like Michael Bay and his incessant use of hyper-cutting while zoomed in entirely too far during action sequences. They both leave the audience with the challenge of attempting to figure out what is occurring on screen at any given time. It is obnoxious and detrimental to the end result. Snyder needs to go to an optometrist and get his vision fixed. That is the only explanation for his continued practice of washing out the colors and halving the lighting whenever he puts something to film.  

Every one of them?

When leaving his beloved Sparta, the location is bathed in sunlight, conveying a strong and prosperous region. But once it transitions to defending Thermopylae, the darkness of battle and loss takes over. Seemed to work quite well in this movie. Not to say everything should have a dark tone throughout.

And in the case of the BvS intro, you are dealing with a region being overwhelmed by battle and extensive damage. The screen coloring conveys the tension and impact of the situation. Having it all sparkly bright could have been an approach. But they didn't go this route. And the scene still worked to kick off why Bruce Wayne would ever take issue with his long-time friend. Although it did have an intense sun part of the film.

This being 'a problem' I guess depends on what you were looking for from these movies. Fantasy characters blended into the reality of their worlds, or joking, cheery characters so we can ensure Ages 9 and up can buy a ticket.

Edited by Bosco685

21 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Every one of them?

When leaving his beloved Sparta, the location is bathed in sunlight, conveying a strong and prosperous region. But once it transitions to defending Thermopylae, the darkness of battle and loss takes over. Seemed to work quite well in this movie. Not to say everything should have a dark tone throughout.

And in the case of the BvS intro, you are dealing with a region being overwhelmed by battle and extensive damage. The screen coloring conveys the tension and impact of the situation. Having it all sparkly bright could have been an approach. But they didn't go this route. And the scene still worked to kick off why Bruce Wayne would ever take issue with his long-time friend. Although it did have an intense sun part of the film.

This being 'a problem' I guess depends on what you were looking for from these movies. Fantasy characters blended into the reality of their worlds, or joking, cheery characters so we can ensure Ages 9 and up can buy a ticket.

You understand that your film can convey a dark tone without washing out the color palette and dropping the lighting by 50%, correct? The color in 300 is washed out, just as it is in B v S and Man of Steel and Sucker Puncher, etc. There was even a short Man of Steel excerpt floating around for awhile that was edited showing true color and it looked 10x better than the finished film. Also your final comment is pivoting off the original discussion about how Synder's films are a mess to understand visually. We aren't talking about a disagreement over the character portrayals here. If you want to go down that road I can't stand the "joking,cheery characters" in the marvel movies, but at least with those movies you can see what the hell is happening on screen. 

2 hours ago, darkstar said:

You understand that your film can convey a dark tone without washing out the color palette and dropping the lighting by 50%, correct? The color in 300 is washed out, just as it is in B v S and Man of Steel and Sucker Puncher, etc. There was even a short Man of Steel excerpt floating around for awhile that was edited showing true color and it looked 10x better than the finished film. Also your final comment is pivoting off the original discussion about how Synder's films are a mess to understand visually. We aren't talking about a disagreement over the character portrayals here. If you want to go down that road I can't stand the "joking,cheery characters" in the marvel movies, but at least with those movies you can see what the hell is happening on screen. 

10X better than the original film due to the lighting? If that is what influences your entertainment value with a film versus the character portrayals or action, then Snyder at times won't fit the bill for you. And there is no method of convincing on that topic. But color improving a film 10X wasn't the experience I had when seeing that short edit. But then again, I really enjoy that movie anyway.

Not sure what else to say but enjoy or don't enjoy. It all comes down to what matters the most to you as a movie-goer.

Looking at that last scene again, it got me to wondering... Being that Batman is having visions/premonitions of a future with Darkseid. Is it possible that Superman is actually Darkseid there (with Omega beams) in disguise? Or 

Darkseid is the one who revives him, initially, as a pawn?  hm

Trailer looks just OK.    As others have said, Cyborg looks terrible.  He belongs in a Transformers movie looking like that.   I don't really like Flash's costume either, but the speed force effect looks great!    

I dunno.   The trailer should get you excited about a movie.  I didn't get that from this one.  WW and Spider-Man both are better trailers.