• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

'Justice League' Trailer's Clark Kent Scene Homages 'Superman: The Movie'

l7uCpLC.png

Fans got their first look at Superman (or, really, Clark Kent) in the trailer's opening moments, when he's shown talking to Lois in the field outside of the Kent household. While the scene is pretty significant on its own, some have begun to notice that it parallels to a classic retelling of the character, Superman: The Movie.

The first indication was Clark's wardrobe, with him wearing a red plaid shirt that pretty closely resembles the jacket worn by young Clark (Jeff East) in one sequence Superman. This fashion choice seems to be a staple for the characters of Justice League, as the film's Barry Allen wears a similar red plaid jacket as well.

I'm getting old:sorry:I seem to be the only one who really disliked that trailer.  Flash comes across as just plain stupid and Aquaman seems to get more meat head every trailer.  They seem to be trying to add the Avengers funny and it just falls so far flat for me.  I'm going to stop watching the promos and hopefully this will all come together to make a great flick. :wishluck:

56 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'm getting old:sorry:I seem to be the only one who really disliked that trailer.  Flash comes across as just plain stupid and Aquaman seems to get more meat head every trailer.  They seem to be trying to add the Avengers funny and it just falls so far flat for me.  I'm going to stop watching the promos and hopefully this will all come together to make a great flick. :wishluck:

I think ever since Marvel put in a patent on 'funny lines in movies' it's made it tough on Hollywood overall. This may have even led to this year's horrible summer results.

#FREECOMEDYINMOVIES

:baiting:

I don't mind the attempts at characterization for Aquaman and Flash -- there's only so much a trailer can give us -- but is it just me or does the CGI look bad? Some of the visuals are excellent, like when Steppenwolf hits the earth with his axe or when the girl looks out her window to see the flying creatures, but almost all of the fight stuff felt video-gamish and cartoony to me.  Humor did fall flat as well.

I did really like the Lois/Clark scene.  Only thing on that front that bothered me was the fact that in BVS tons of people resented Superman or didn't trust him (making him mopey), but now we see a total 180 and see that it's a "World Without Hope" without him -- as if he were beloved all along.  Maybe because everyone has now learned he sacrificed himself against Doomsday?  (But no one was there to see it?  Dunno.)

Dan

sTrailer looks excellent and the humor makes me laugh.  While I would never dream this characterization up for the Flash (Kid Flash maybe), I like it and think Ezra may come out of this the big winner.  DC is in a tough position following the huge success of Marvel and the Avengers movies, but I like their direction with this trailer.  I was not a fan of the BvS movie as its two heroes that are not supposed to jump to conclusions  do jump to conclusions and act out of character.  That's not the Batman and Superman that I grew up with.  However, it looks like this movie gets us back into hero mode with at least Batman and I'm ready for some kick butt action and more Gal Gadot is always a very, very good thing.

Favorite scene:  The scene of Batman in the batmobile where WW takes out a few flying creatures and then the Flash runs by... simply incredible.  Dude,  that is the JLA coming together.  

Can't wait!

Edited by 40sJohn

15 hours ago, 1Cool said:

They are giving Flash and Batman that Spider-Man and Iron Man movie relationship. It will work for the young crowd. They need Flash as a young version,so they have a character the younger audience can relate to.

This movie will make a great springboard for the upcoming Flash and Aquaman movies.