• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Tell me about it, I have to bring my daughter to see Coco on Wednesday, she can't wait.  

Isn't "Olaf's Frozen Adventure" playing just before that movie?

If so, that's just another thing that will adrenalize it's box-office.

5a0f1471160c8_DSC03820(1)-Copy.JPG.e2e30c2a2e10581243a1d9ba473ee749.JPG

Edited by NewEnglandGothic

4 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

That's what I heard, and it's like 20 minutes long I think.  Not sure if it's a sure thing in all theaters or not.

Like "Frozen Fever" in Cinderella, there's definitely been a marketing blitz.

Dolls, clothing (new outfits from Elsa & Anna,) Christmas ornaments, books, magazines, etc.

From my viewpoint, more stuff than for "Coco." hm 

Superb movie.

No Spoilers

Justice League is fast paced, action packed and entertaining. It brings you everything you would expect, with the main focus on the superheroes and not their alter egos. The storyline is fairly fluid and there's minimal character/plot build up. Is it disjointed? No... (not if you bring your attention span with you). The movie has some great fight scenes which see each character getting a decent airing and of course, there's plenty of Wonder Woman action for the WW bandwagoners.

In a nutshell, if you liked BvS, you'll love Justice League. If you hated BvS, it's probably best you don't waste your time going to see it. You know, to save us all from an ear bashing about how DC/WB have ruined your favourite superheroes, destroyed your childhood memories and left you traumatised for years to come, blah blah blah...

11 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

My question for those that have seen it is; "How is Superman?".

I don't want to know how he comes back or that stuff, but is he inspiring?  I liked MoS Superman, BvS Superman was a bit scowly for me, so how does he do in this one?

Superman isn't inspiring in this movie, he's awe-inspiring! There were a couple of scenes of Supes that had me saying to myself..."Wow man this is freakin' cool!"  For myself it was a great movie and I can't wait for the sequel that's sure to have even more of Superman!

Peace :cool:

James

Just came from a large business meeting, and when I left to say goodbye I said, "Make sure you go see Justice League."

Seven of the attendees had gone together last night, and five said it was really good. Go figure!

9 minutes ago, Qtr milerocket said:

Superman isn't inspiring in this movie, he's awe-inspiring! There were a couple of scenes of Supes that had me saying to myself..."Wow man this is freakin' cool!"  For myself it was a great movie and I can't wait for the sequel that's sure to have even more of Superman!

James

I kind of figured Cavill as Superman would be cool.

So while we are at it how was Batman?

Was he dark n gritty or a more comedy tone this time ala Tony Stark? 

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I kind of figured Cavill as Superman would be cool.

So while we are at it how was Batman?

Was he dark n gritty or a more comedy tone this time ala Tony Stark? 

Oh yeah Cavill does a great Superman and Batman was good but still dark n' gritty at times.  Without giving anything away there were a few phrases Batman used ala Tony Stark and I was kinda like huh? but still definitely a solid movie worth watching! 

James

I'm back home, finally.

You know what? I thought it was great! I don't see what all the negative reviews were on about, really. It's petty obvious paper-thin villain Steppenwolf was there only to bring the League together so I didn't expect anything more from him other than that. Several things could have been improved and the pace is VERY fast, but the characters were fun to see on the big screen and their interaction was very Avengers-ish (credit to Whedon for that). Flash was definitely my favorite, followed closely by Superman. Boy did Superman just beat the living snot out of Steppenwolf. I enjoyed that. There were a few genuine geek out moments for me, as well as a few questions. Heavy spoilers (including end credits scenes) follow...

The one flashback battle shot of the Green Lantern in action gave me goose-bumps. Then another one (the same one? couldn't tell) died (Abin Sur? Salaak? Difficult to tell due to the angle) and his ring flew off into the sky. VERY cool stuff). Also, who in Wonder-Woman lore has the ability to shoot lightning from his hands?  They showed that guy (again in the flashback battle sequence) a few times prominently. Darkseid was mentioned once, the "old gods have died" was said once and mention of "New Gods" was also done once.  Cyborg modifying his armor at the end to look more like the comic character was a treat. First end credits scene (Flash/Superman race) was really fun and great to see, second was kinda crappy (Luthor) but also very cool (armored Deathstroke) at the same time.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

25 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Thursday opening was only $13 million.  Does not bode well for the weekend (well below MoS's $21 million, BvS's $27 million, and Suicide Squad's $20 million)

Spoiler

Since Superman seems to be the star of this,maybe they should have pushed Superman more? I have had people telling me that they will not see it because they think Superman is not in it. :whatthe:

14 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
  Hide contents

Since Superman seems to be the star of this,maybe they should have pushed Superman more? I have had people telling me that they will not see it because they think Superman is not in it. :whatthe:

I still have several friends that are holding off on this movie because of BvS.  They want to give a week or so to see the critics score as well as what the word of mouth is.