• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

And to be fair, Part 1 could theoretically have Atlantis wreaking on-Earth havoc which opens the door for Darkseid in Part 2. That would also give a great explanation for any in-fighting between the JL pre-unity.

If they use Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Justice League: War as foundational references, this could be interesting. Though it would be out of order if Atlantis comes first, then Darkseid next.

Justice League: War (2014)

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)

The stories involve the same characters (including Hal Jordan's Green Lantern).

Darkseid over Atlantis, please WB :foryou:;)

I have a theory about Green Lantern and why he didn't have a cameo in BvS...

This Earth is relatively new to the whole "alien" thing, having only seen Kal-El and a handful of other Kryptonians. Not much need for an intergalactic space cop - albeit one from Earth - at this point.

I think we'll see the Justice League formed without GL and he'll turn up at some point after the forthcoming mass alien invasion.

Imagine if it turned out to be Guy Gardner... :D

Jason Momoa is pumped for Justice League, talks Batman v Superman backlash

The actor recently spoke with Entertainment Tonight and said that while he's aware of the backlash BATMAN V SUPERMAN has received, he's still very excited to begin working on JUSTICE LEAGUE.

"Some people liked it, some people didn't, it is what it is. I don't get it, but I don't really listen to what anyone says...You can't win 'em all. And I had a ball. I loved it. There's a lot of support from fans. There's a big beautiful world. There's a lot -- a lot -- of stuff. I feel really privileged to know that there's a lot of big, beautiful stuff that's going to happen. I'm excited too, for people to see the final product. And now it's our turn -- it's Justice League time! I've been waiting for four years that I've known about it that I've had to keep my mouth shut. I'm super pumped to shoot it!"

Once Jason Momoa completes work on JUSTICE LEAGUE - PART ONE, he'll soon be returning to the DC Universe with the AQUAMAN solo-film to be directed by James Wan (FURIOUS 7). "It's just something that hasn't been explored before," said Momoa of the AQUAMAN film. "For me, it's like Iron Man. When Iron Man came out, it was like, 'Wow!' We haven't explored that character before and Robert Downey took it to a whole nother level. He's genius and it was amazing. I loved it." It was confirmed not that long ago that Amber Heard would be playing Mera in the film and Jason Momoa said that he's "super stoked" to work with her.

uXCWczA.png

Superman, Cyborg and Aquaman walk into a bar...

With filming about to begin on Justice League, it is nice to see Henry Cavill, Ray Fisher, and Jason Momoa building off-screen camaraderie.

Superman, Cyborg and Aquaman walk into a bar...

Superman asked for a Metropolitan, Cyborg was refused service for being under 21 and Aquaman was thrown out for drinking like a fish :grin:

Jason Momoa Teases Justice League Watchtower

The Justice League has had two primary Headquarters over the years. The first was the Hall of Justice, made popular in the Super Friends cartoon series. The second was the more recent Watchtower, which was introduced in Grant Morrison's run on the League. Since its introduction, the team has toggled between both, and in some cases used them simultaneously, such as in Brad Meltzer's JLA run.

r1kRZNM.jpg

Now that would be cool.

By the way, Momoa is going to be one heck of a massive Aquaman. I don't remember Khal Drogo looking that pumped up.

Cavill doesn't want to be topped.

wXiaqdP.png

The prep for Zack Snyder's upcoming Justice League Part 1 has already begun, and Superman actor Henry Cavill isn't wasting any time either.

The actor shared a photo on Instagram today giving fans a glimpse of his training regimen, which looks to include pulling a large tire or extra weight of some kind. He captioned the photo with "1st week of training done. 7 days, 9 workouts and a whole lot of food! #Superman #JusticeLeague #SupermanTraining".

Cavill doesn't want to be topped.

wXiaqdP.png

The prep for Zack Snyder's upcoming Justice League Part 1 has already begun, and Superman actor Henry Cavill isn't wasting any time either.

The actor shared a photo on Instagram today giving fans a glimpse of his training regimen, which looks to include pulling a large tire or extra weight of some kind. He captioned the photo with "1st week of training done. 7 days, 9 workouts and a whole lot of food! #Superman #JusticeLeague #SupermanTraining".

Wait...so he is actually alive?!?

Way to ruin that ending!

:insane:

Way to ruin that ending!

Superman being stabbed in the chest wouldn't kill him. It's a little known fact but a Kryptonian's chest cavity contains no vital organs... just a portal to the Phantom Zone.

Tenuous link... ;)

He's not dead BTW. Sure, he'll be gone for a while. We'll see a handful of pretenders... a cocky superkid, a robo-supes, a metal dude and some guy in shades... But he'll be back (thumbs u

Way to ruin that ending!

Superman being stabbed in the chest wouldn't kill him. It's a little known fact but a Kryptonian's chest cavity contains no vital organs... just a portal to the Phantom Zone.

Tenuous link... ;)

He's not dead BTW. Sure, he'll be gone for a while. We'll see a handful of pretenders... a cocky superkid, a robo-supes, a metal dude and some guy in shades... But he'll be back (thumbs u

I want to see this movie more than the Justice League movie. Maybe they can just gloss over that part in Justice League (supes is already back) then do Man of Steel 2 with the return of Superman, but just released out of sequence. That would also be a great way to intro GL. He comes back to earth after they destroy Coast City. Then the GL movie is about Hal Jordan going crazy and Kyle Rayner learning to be a GL and ultimately having to face Hal.

Way to ruin that ending!

Tenuous link... ;)

I want to see this movie more than the Justice League movie. Maybe they can just gloss over that part in Justice League (supes is already back) then do Man of Steel 2 with the return of Superman, but just released out of sequence. That would also be a great way to intro GL. He comes back to earth after they destroy Coast City. Then the GL movie is about Hal Jordan going crazy and Kyle Rayner learning to be a GL and ultimately having to face Hal.

I like that idea (thumbs u

Although my gut feeling is we won't see GL until after JL... or maybe at the end.

Way to ruin that ending!

Tenuous link... ;)

I like that idea (thumbs u

Although my gut feeling is we won't see GL until after JL... or maybe at the end.

I hope the way they play the GL part is to have Hal, and maybe a few of the Corps, come in as the cavalry to help save the day against Darkseid and his minions.

This Earth is relatively new to the whole "alien" thing, having only seen Kal-El and a handful of other Kryptonians. Not much need for an intergalactic space cop - albeit one from Earth - at this point.

I think we'll see the Justice League formed without GL and he'll turn up at some point after the forthcoming mass alien invasion.

Good theory about why Green Lantern wasn`t in BvS.

Also I wouldn`t be surprised if they went with Guy Gardner now as Green Lantern.

Think how popular Deadpool is.

Good theory about why Green Lantern wasn`t in BvS.

Also I wouldn`t be surprised if they went with Guy Gardner now as Green Lantern.

Think how popular Deadpool is.

The popularity of Deadpool - played by Ryan Reynolds - being responsible for the rebooted version of the character he helped destroy... hm

I LOVE IT lol(thumbs u

J.K. Simmons Explains His Approach For Playing Commissioner Gordon In Justice League

While praising actors who have previously played Gordon, and acknowledging that their portrayals have left him with an impression of the character even though Simmons himself is not a huge comic book fan, he told Collider that the biggest thing he's doing to prepare for his role -- which he plans to start shooting in a couple of months, due to scheduling -- is reading up on the source material.

Well, to read the comics, yes, absolutely. I’m still a couple of months out from doing that and I have two other films before then, so I haven’t gotten started on that," Simmons admitted. "Obviously, a lot of really wonderful actors have played that character previously, and most of them I saw at the time the movies came out, never imagining that I would be doing the same thing. So, I can’t say that I don’t have some impression of that character in my head that’s based on what I saw, but I’m not planning on going back and watching any of the other films. I’m just planning on learning as much as I can about him through the comics and getting my feet wet in the first movie, and then hopefully continuing on from there.”

:applause: