• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

DC seems pretty determined to cement themselves in Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern history.

"Justice League" Adds Ben Affleck As Executive Producer

How does adding Affleck make this a Ryan Reynolds-level catastrophe (as if he caused Green Lantern to fail)? How does your brain even land at that conclusion after his series of hits like The Company Men, Gone Baby Gone (director), The Town (director), Argo (producer, director)?

Have you actually watched these movies, and experienced how seasoned a movie lead Affleck has become? Affleck could actually share quite a bit with Warner movie creators with what he has accomplished in the past few years.

It's his opinion. Just like mine is....Affleck sucks

Unfortunately, then you have no clue about solid cinema.

That's my opinion.

I'm not surprised you have no clue. That's a fact. Didn't have to go to wikipedia or anything

It's his opinion. Just like mine is....Affleck sucks

Unfortunately, then you have no clue about solid cinema.

That's my opinion.

I'm not surprised you have no clue. That's a fact. Didn't have to go to wikipedia or anything

lol

grumble, grumble, grumble...the fact is you're more clueless than you realize. And that's even with the biggest magnifying glass.

:acclaim:

DC seems pretty determined to cement themselves in Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern history.

How does adding Affleck make this a Ryan Reynolds-level catastrophe (as if he caused Green Lantern to fail)? How does your brain even land at that conclusion after his series of hits like The Company Men, Gone Baby Gone (director), The Town (director), Argo (producer, director)?

Have you actually watched these movies, and experienced how seasoned a movie lead Affleck has become? Affleck could actually share quite a bit with Warner movie creators with what he has accomplished in the past few years.

it's a step in the right direction but an even better step would be if Affleck was replacing the director

Edited by paperheart

'Cause haters gonna hate...

Possible Details On the Villain We'll See In The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie - And It's Not Who You're Thinking

It really seemed a forgone conclusion that Darkseid would be the universal threat that would unite the Justice League for their first big screen outing, but according to Birth.Movies.Death that won't be the case - at least, not in part 1.

Remember that big alien dude Lex Luthor was seen conversing with in the deleted scene from Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice? Many fans assumed that must have been Steppenwolf (Darkseid's uncle) because of the headgear, and it seems they might have been bang on the money.

BMD reckons Steppenwolf, not Darkseid, is going to be the big bad of the first Justice League movie, quite possibly paving the way for his even more ruthless nephew to join the fray in the sequel.

steppenwolf-one-of-darkseids-generals-as-seen-in-the-new-52-reboot.jpeg

Possible Details On the Villain We'll See In The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie - And It's Not Who You're Thinking

It really seemed a forgone conclusion that Darkseid would be the universal threat that would unite the Justice League for their first big screen outing, but according to Birth.Movies.Death that won't be the case - at least, not in part 1.

Remember that big alien dude Lex Luthor was seen conversing with in the deleted scene from Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice? Many fans assumed that must have been Steppenwolf (Darkseid's uncle) because of the headgear, and it seems they might have been bang on the money.

BMD reckons Steppenwolf, not Darkseid, is going to be the big bad of the first Justice League movie, quite possibly paving the way for his even more ruthless nephew to join the fray in the sequel.

If this rumor is true why in the world would they cut that scene in the BvS movie with Steppenwolf. :facepalm:

Why Steppenwolf? Big Barda would have been a better fit and an easy transition to another Wonder Woman movie or even New Gods.

Yeah, gotta be honest, Steppenwolf doesn't do anything for me and I'm a big DC fan. Bit of a let down if it's true, but we'll see. I'm still holding on to hope it can become great!

IMO

Big Barda is a better character & back story.

1. Have her in JL1 getting the Mother Boxes.

2. Wonder Woman 2 movie (Big Barda & Female Furies vs Wonder Woman & Amazonians)

3. New Gods movie (Origin of New Gods, Big Barda, Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Mister Miracle etc...). Big Barda turning good, helping out Justice League against Darkseid and leaving for earth with Mister Miracle.

4. Darkseid hiring Lobo (movie) to hunt them down for betrayal.

This is how I would like it to go.

RUMOR: Willem Dafoe Playing An Atlantean In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Birth.Movies.Death reveals that they've heard that he will be playing an Atlantean in the movie. Unfortunately, they don't have any details on which one he'll be!

However, even more revealing than that is what the site goes on to reveal about how Zack Snyder will shoot scenes set in Atlantis. One of the biggest issues with Jason Momoa's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice cameo was the fact that you could quite clearly tell he was holding his breath in a water tank, so it should come as no surprise that they're not going down that route again in Justice League.

"My sources tell me that rather than shoot in a water tank this time Zack Snyder has set up an elaborate rig on a green screen stage - it's a two armed rig, with Momoa clutched in one arm while the camera is clutched in the other. They two arms are preprogrammed to move in sync so that Momoa can do all kinds of maneuvers while the camera moves around him. I'm assuming there's a similar rig for more elaborate flying stuff. Momoa's hair will be CGIed into a flowy, underwater look." That sounds like a pretty great approach to be honest, but it won't be the only green screen we'll see in what sounds like an effects driven release. "I'm being told that a majority of the movie will be shot on sets and Snyder will utilize background replacement, similar to his approach to 300."

If this rumor is true why in the world would they cut that scene in the BvS movie with Steppenwolf. :facepalm:

Why Steppenwolf? Big Barda would have been a better fit and an easy transition to another Wonder Woman movie or even New Gods.

i think that was one of the scene flag for giving the movie a R rating. if you look closely lex looks to be in a pool of blood from the birth Doomsday.

SPOILERS: With 'Steppenwolf' Set To Be The Big Bad, Here's How 'Darkseid' Will Factor Into JUSTICE LEAGUE

However, Heroic Hollywood may have some good news for us as they're claiming to have details on Darkseid's role in the movie as well as what exactly Steppenwolf is up to.

While it's already been said that the villain is going to make a full appearance at the end of the movie (no doubt in order to set up the sequel), apparently we may end up seeing him at the start too. "Around 30,000 years ago, the Amazonians, the Atlanteans, and Man successfully fought off Darkseid here on Earth," they reveal. "He left three motherboxes behind and that folks is what Steppenwolf is after in Justice League: Part One. That is pretty much your plot." Could those three Mother Boxes be the same ones we saw in that deleted scene featuring Lex Luthor, one of which was seemingly used to transform Victor Stone into Cyborg?

Not sure Steppenwolf is the way to go IMHO. He's an obscure villain even for the most hardcore comic fan. It seems like a total reach.....AND he looks nothing like he does in the comics as well. Someone better slap some sense into Snyder.

9daa9521451271cb0239d222853169c5.jpg