• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Nitpicks
The CGI with Aquaman at the beginning was terrible and so was the corn scene later with Superman. I would have liked more with Mera, but I did like her scenes. 

I bet this is going to be some of the common nitpicks.

Compared to the trailer scene with Clark in the field, what ended up in the movie was a little distracting. But I still loved the Lois-Clark interaction, and Ma Kent

Really they are nitpicks, but with a movie with that large of a budget its really hard to excuse it more. 

That being said I think its the best DC movie yet. Still need some improvements better pacing and such, but a good leap forward.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:
1 hour ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree. Way too far in the past for it to be Sur/Jordan. I like that, though. Also, someone who paid attention to the credits said that Zeus, Ares and Neptune were all in there.

Seriously?

I need to go see this again

I missed one of the 3, but I clearly saw the other two. One of them is impossible to miss.

3 minutes ago, roulette44 said:

I absolutely loved the scene 

Reveal hidden contents

where flash is running towards superman in slow mo and we see supes' eye move to the side to see Flash coming.....the camera rolls back to Barry Allen, fully crapping his pants!

Regardless of the failings, they got a LOT right with this movie. 

10 minutes ago, roulette44 said:

I absolutely loved the scene 

Hide contents

where flash is running towards superman in slow mo and we see supes' eye move to the side to see Flash coming.....the camera rolls back to Barry Allen, fully crapping his pants!

Reminds me of the QuickSilver vs Apocalypse scene on X-Men: Apocalypse. 

Justice League’s version was better though. 

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Based on what assumptions?

(shrug)

Based on no assumptions.   

Based on what has come before and the fact that this film has done nearly the identical business (to the same  underperforming extent) in the same territory.

Ergo your international shortfall is most likely largely due to China.  

Logic. 

-J.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

When did he mention him? It must have been so quick or during a scene where the audience was loud I did not catch this.

I can't see them skipping Darkseid. Not with the appearance of Steppenwolf.

But I do hope you track down your books. I never picked up a Jimmy Olsen #134, but was able to track down Forever People #1 years back.

I honestly thought Darkseid would make at least a brief appearance either at the end of the movie or as a teaser in the end credits. I'm not sure what happened to the 3 mother boxes after they got separated again. Were they destroyed or did they survive the separation? It was never conclusive shown was it? Either way, I thought they would show Darkseid being made aware of and taking an interest in what just happened to Steppenwolf and the mother boxes, but no, nothing at all. Seems like they might have missed an opportunity to build on the events of this movie and ramp up the suspense.

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Jaylam

Saw the movie tonight.  I wasn't expecting much based on the ads...I figured it would be very dark and gritty.  But two of the characters kept it light, so I liked it more than I thought I would.  My conclusion is that the ad campaign was poor, and this film will not fade as fast as most because word of mouth will keep it in the limelight.

Edited by Westy Steve

6 hours ago, Jaylam said:

I honestly thought Darkseid would make at least a brief appearance either at the end of the movie or as a teaser in the end credits. I'm not sure what happened to the 3 mother boxes after they got separated again. Were they destroyed or did they survive the separation? It was never conclusive shown was it? Either way, I thought they would show Darkseid being made aware of and taking an interest in what just happened to Steppenwolf and the mother boxes, but no, nothing at all. Seems like they might have missed an opportunity to build on the events of this movie and ramp up the suspense.

Thoughts anyone?

I had read somewhere in an article when Joss Whedon started cutting scenes (and people assumed Lex was completely removed), there was a scene in the end with Darkseid that he pulled. He felt it was too soon revealing the mystery behind Steppenwolf.

Good point on the three mother boxes.

Spoiler

When the boom tube appears at the end, taking Steppenwolf back to what I assume to be Apokolips, I lost sight of the mother boxes. As fast as the attack was happening before this, Superman and Cyborg had to join in the fight immediately after separating the Unity, it wasn't like they could quickly grab them and hold on while taking on all those parademons and Steppenwolf.

But it would have been nice to cleanly see them either locked away in the new Hall of Justice ( :whee: ), shown taken back in the boom tube with Steppenwolf so the doorway on our side is cut off now, or destroyed.

The designs were really cool.

Justice-League-Movie-Mother-Boxes-at-SDC

Remember when early on people were questioning "Why have Cyborg in the Justice League'? I think Ray Fisher and the character's contributions in the movie really shined in the end.

As the character came out more and interacted with the rest of the team, he started demonstrating more of a human side. There are some articles noting he turned out to be the most important character to the storyline. I think that would take away from other characters, but realize what they mean.

I could see that Cyborg movie becoming a reality. Though I would rather see a World's Finest matchup, as he played well off of Wonder Woman and even Barry Allen. Seeing the latter going off on a younger teammates adventure would be nice.

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

He said it when he finally got all 3 boxes. He said something for mother (maybe he said Martha) and for Darkseid 

He said for Darkseid and "Mother". 

I don't know enough of the Darkseid history to know where "Mother" fits in, but I might have to catch up. I don't buy many DVD's, but I'm going to buy this one.

Meanwhile, I was never a Marvel Junkie, I think they redid Spider-man a few too many times, and the Fantastic Four movies, well, they could have been a bit better, but I go to all of them and find something to enjoy in each one, even the Iron man with that goofy villain. 

I see movies as entertainment, sometimes reading here, I feel like I accidentally returned to college and signed up for the wrong movie making course. 

It's nice to just go to a movie, relax and suspend reality for a bit. Just enjoy your imagination  :idea: kind of like reading a COMIC BOOK;) 

Ok, I caught the 8pm showing last night.  After watching the movie and catching the end credits the only thought that was going through my head was "They spent $300 million on this?".

It seemed too disjointed and honestly the CGI was pretty poor in alot of spots.

Spoiler

Batman - I really enjoyed Ben Affleck as Batman in BvS and defended him to a lot of my friends, however in JL I couldn't stand him.  He was too jokey and IMO it was like he "phoned in" his lines.

Superman -  The CGI to remove the mustache was striking and very noticeable.  The CGI in the fight between Superman and the League after they wake him up was just horrible in some spots, looked like a bad Xbox 360 game.

Flash - Hated his costume, other than that I think he did ok.

Cyborg - Hated his costume, until the end when they showed him start to "smooth" it out.  The character I think was well done.

Wonder Woman - Enjoyed her for the most part, however it did get a bit old that it seemed like every fight she slammed her bracers together, for the "big explosion".

Aquaman - Was in the movie.  Wasn't great, wasn't bad.

Score - The score for this movie sucked.

Direction - I could really tell what was done by Snyder and what was done by Whedon, it just seemed to me that tonally the movie was all over the place.

IMO at this point between the reviews, the disappointing (so far) box office, and just on what I saw and how my "gut" feels, I don't think there will ever be another Justice League team movie.  Also not to be all "doom and gloom" I could honestly see WB saying "F' it" and going back to Batman (and now) Wonder Woman movies with a Superman film thrown in.  I know Aquaman has finished filming so they will release that one, but while Shazam and Flash have been "announced" I'm not so sure they actually get made.

Edited by media_junkie