• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potential Hulk 181 and Amazing Fantasy #15 scam

46 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine has the opportunity to buy these two books in a deal that seems a little too good to be true. Most of the warning bells are going off, and the guy seems a little shady.

The Hulk #181 is a cgc 9.6 cert 0919384005, The Fantasy #15 is a 1.0 1052615002 .

I'm basically just posting this to see if anyone here has these particular books or are aware of them being stolen.

The asking price is well below market, and the guy claims to have gotten them from one of the many storage units he regularly purchases. He is from Lexington Kentucky. It hasn't been ascertained whether or not the seller is willing to meet in person, but it seems he is attempting to lean more towards coaxing a paypal transaction out of the deal.

Does anyone here own these, or are aware of them being stolen?

Also, I know...Too good to be true it probably is...

Thanks for the lead, it was legit.

I will tell you one thing if it wasn't for Paypal, i would have got scammed on a 9k af#15 from a craigslist scammer going by the name serbgorrilla. Long story short, i was looking for a non restored Af#15. After a bit of searching i found his craigslist ad and bought a low grade Hulk #181 and it was not restored just beat but complete. So i decided to get a AF#15 and he said he had one, so i told him i was interested. After a whole bunch of close us pics i decided to buy the book. He wanted a wire transfer and i said i was uncomfortable so finally after about a week he decided to go with Paypal. I paid and then a week later i received a great looking Af#15 what looked like a 7.0, but something was bugging me so i took it out of the Mylar and immediately noticed the first page corner was glued back together and it got worse from there. I called a friend over that has a comic shop and he verified what i feared it was restored. At that point i tried to call him and the phone number he gave me said no longer in service. So i called Paypal and we opened a claim, they said they would send him a message and if in 10 days he did not respond they would refund me the money. Well after 10 days i called and they refunded me the money immediately ( turns out the scammer didn't cancel his Paypal or linked bank account) So apparently Paypal told me they with drew the money from his bank account and with in 1 hour the scammer called wanting to know what happened and why there was a reverse charge. I was like now you return my phone call. So after telling him his book was restored and him telling and claiming oh my god how could he have been so blind that he didn't see the restored parts of the comic. Well i didt some research and found out he tried to scam someone else on collectors society over a Tales of Suspense #39. So in the end i got my money back he got his restored comic back. I called Paypal and gave them all his eBay handles and addresses. I'm sure he is still trying to scam people so just be careful out there. He also has a you-tube account and he claims to have the worlds best comic book collection. This guy is a scammer. https://www.youtube.com/user/serbgorilla He takes restored cgc comics and cracks them out of the case and tries to sell them. If you look at his video of the Amazing fantasy #15 it is the exact one he sold me that was restored. So once again be careful when not dealing with a legit company or just use Paypal or some institute that will reverse the charges.

Same A-Hole that scammed me a couple years ago on a Subby 1 that had been restored. Came out ok in the end, but a total scamming loser...

Steven Nestorovski

Recipient's Email: steve0410@comcast.net (since changed I am sure)

A Total D-Bag!

Need help, i see an af15 for sale lower then what I here going for. The cert number is 0165853001

i tried to verify certification on Cgc certification online tool but nothing comes up.

does this mean it’s a fake certification for sale??

31 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

Need help, i see an af15 for sale lower then what I here going for. The cert number is 0165853001

i tried to verify certification on Cgc certification online tool but nothing comes up.

does this mean it’s a fake certification for sale??

Got a link?