• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, rayne5446 said:

It was on a G+ board (FACTS).  The basic argument is that UXM 164 is the first Carol Danvers as Binary, Avenging 9 is the first Carol Danvers as CM, and CM 15 is the first time Carol Danvers had Binary powers as Captain Marvel (ie.  the first time Carol Danvers had both Captain Marvel and Binary powers).  The main panel/front cover from CM 15 is very similar to her look in the movie trailer and the dual power (from CM and Binary) is supposed to help explain why she is considered the most powerful being in the MCU.  In other words, the argument says the binary infused CM we see in the movie trailer is from or inspired by CM 15.

Is it a stretch?  Perhaps.  Though I actually thought it was a decent find given people have been speculating on Captain Marvel for years.  Some research (not my own) went into this.

Is CM too crowded to support another key?  Maybe?

Have I read any of these issues to confirm?  Absolutely not.  :bigsmile:  Debunk away.  It won't hurt my feelings.

It hasn't gone above 7 bucks yet, hence the Pre-heat thread posting.  The initial sales were certainly due to the original posting that I am citing and there are cover price copies on the web to be found.

Is that a stretch? Um, hell yes. Is Superior Spider-Man the fist appearance of Spider-Man? Well, it's the first time he's superior, so yes?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Brother J said:

Just noticed copies of Nameless #1 by Grant Morrison are being quickly purchased on eBay. I guess this news article is the reason, but it sounds far from a sure thing, mention of the series is only one of several possibilites:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/420427-bloodborne-movie-james-gunn-sony

One of those purchases was me. I wanted to actually read it. Liked it a lot! Reminded me a little bit of WANTED. Good suggestion, whomever made it!

On 12/27/2018 at 1:52 PM, AGGIEZ said:

One of those purchases was me. I wanted to actually read it. Liked it a lot! Reminded me a little bit of WANTED. Good suggestion, whomever made it!

I bought a set of Nameless for a buck a pop at HPB a year or so ago. Really dug the Lovecraft vibe. Sold my set when the movie spec announcement came out, think I got about $50 for them? Will happily buy another set if I find them for a buck.

So I just posted this pic on the great covers thread but thought it might belong here too. This book comes out 2/6/19. It is selling quickly, albeit at discounted prices, on eBay. Love the colors. DC is killing it with their B covers...Harley Quinn #58

D94D6769-9297-4CA1-BCCC-0F410C778B14.jpeg

Edited by the authority

1 hour ago, the authority said:

So I just posted this pic on the great covers thread but thought it might belong here too. This book comes out 2/6/19. It is selling quickly, albeit at discounted prices, on eBay. Love the colors. DC is killing it with their B covers...Harley Quinn #58

:sick:

9 hours ago, the authority said:

This is getting a lot of hype. I really don't think it's that great and don't understand the context of the image. But once one of the groups post it, others latch on.

Also, Chew has been starting to get noticed a little more. His last Flash cover was nice. Expect a load of store variants from him in the future.

23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This is getting a lot of hype. I really don't think it's that great and don't understand the context of the image. But once one of the groups post it, others latch on.

Also, Chew has been starting to get noticed a little more. His last Flash cover was nice. Expect a load of store variants from him in the future.

My thinking is that it reflects how nuts Harley Quinn is quite well. The bat 🦇 being smashed on the headlight works. It is super corny and over the top but the vibrant colors and chaos seem to truly capture the mess that is Harley’s brain. I ordered a few the second I saw it. 

Completely agree about Chew. 👍

10 hours ago, the authority said:

But it's not a wraparound, right? It will obviously have to go vertical?

Building off what @Serpentor posted a little while back in the heating up thread, I have had my eye on Southern Bastards #4 for a while. According to Jason Aaron, we will know this year if Southern Bastards is moving forward from its option. I am not current on the series, but for as far as I read, this book is a big part of how the series develops. I've been able to find these in $1 bins now.

Sx9aZCqm.jpgODxCxAtm.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

On 2/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, ygogolak said:

Building off what @Serpentor posted a little while back in the heating up thread, I have had my eye on Southern Bastards #4 for a while. According to Jason Aaron, we will know this year if Southern Bastards is moving forward from its option. I am not current on the series, but for as far as I read, this book is a big part of how the series develops. I've been able to find these in $1 bins now.

Sx9aZCqm.jpgODxCxAtm.jpg

That's like.. a spec within a spec

On 1/9/2019 at 8:57 PM, the authority said:

To each his own but man this makes my eyes hurt

On 12/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, ygogolak said:
On 12/27/2018 at 8:26 AM, rayne5446 said:

It was on a G+ board (FACTS).  The basic argument is that UXM 164 is the first Carol Danvers as Binary, Avenging 9 is the first Carol Danvers as CM, and CM 15 is the first time Carol Danvers had Binary powers as Captain Marvel (ie.  the first time Carol Danvers had both Captain Marvel and Binary powers).  The main panel/front cover from CM 15 is very similar to her look in the movie trailer and the dual power (from CM and Binary) is supposed to help explain why she is considered the most powerful being in the MCU.  In other words, the argument says the binary infused CM we see in the movie trailer is from or inspired by CM 15.

Is it a stretch?  Perhaps.  Though I actually thought it was a decent find given people have been speculating on Captain Marvel for years.  Some research (not my own) went into this.

Is CM too crowded to support another key?  Maybe?

Have I read any of these issues to confirm?  Absolutely not.  :bigsmile:  Debunk away.  It won't hurt my feelings.

It hasn't gone above 7 bucks yet, hence the Pre-heat thread posting.  The initial sales were certainly due to the original posting that I am citing and there are cover price copies on the web to be found.

Is that a stretch? Um, hell yes. Is Superior Spider-Man the fist appearance of Spider-Man? Well, it's the first time he's superior, so yes?

Yes it is a stretch. G+ sometimes just throws things out there for discussion purposes. 

After UXM 164 and AG9/10 there isn't a lot I look for except late Ms Marvel issues from 2008 and her GS issue for Chewie.

I mean there is nothing wrong with picking up the other books for $1, but the above are the only ones I look for my two cents.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:27 PM, LordRahl said:

To each his own but man this makes my eyes hurt

Yeah, this looks ugly as hell to me, but hey, one less thing I have to chase.