• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

So Cursed, a frank Miller gn is being adapted to Netflix. Not yet released even, looks like copies starting to sell online

Cursed is described as "a re-imagining of Arthurian legend, told through the eyes of Nimue, a teenage heroine with a mysterious gift who is destined to become the powerful (and tragic) Lady of the Lake.

May be a fine TV show. Can't imagine much spec. value.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, Aweandlorder said:

The reg makes more sense to me. They are currently at approximately $10 per, but i managed to get them bulk for $4-6 each this past month. At those prices I cant lose

I agree I have bought a ton for $1-2 over the last few years. Very high on this character.

I have sold all my plats though when I could get $60-80 a piece I know I will regret that later.

Hope you all have gotten some GS Defenders 3 before the announcement. 
As a long time Bronze Avengers fan I absolutely love this villain.

I bought every copy I could find cheap for the last 2 years, but dang the book
is hard to find in any grade at shops. I still only found around 12 copies. 
I finally bought some on the board last year in bulk as well.

Edited by fastballspecial

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Hope you all have gotten some GS Defenders 3 before the announcement. 
As a long time Bronze Avengers fan I absolutely love this villain.

I bought every copy I could find cheap for the last 2 years, but dang the book
is hard to find in any grade at shops. I still only found around 12 copies. 
I finally bought some on the board last year in bulk as well.

This is based off a reddit post.

29 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This is based off a reddit post.

I love Korvac and yes he is a Good baddy in the COmics and like Thanos was not the most popular or well known of all the Villains before Avengers Post Credit.  But GS Defenders 3 is along the lines of a Poor man's FF Annual 6.  Still a Great Book but until it is assured don't be overpaying for a Speculation book that is Tough in High Grade....That being said, I have 2 Copies but 1 belongs in my Set (Finishing whole defenders Run).  A Key in the Korvac Saga is the Avengers books that Transcend the One Character.   I still think Kang, Annihilus, Galactus, Doom and Mephisto would be more in line as a Major Phase 4 Villain.  HOWEVER being part of the Badoon (Baddy Skrulls) it may seem more in line for a Cap Marvel Villain so basically if you love SPEC this is a No Brainer (and a Good Story to boot)  

7 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I love Korvac and yes he is a Good baddy in the COmics and like Thanos was not the most popular or well known of all the Villains before Avengers Post Credit.  But GS Defenders 3 is along the lines of a Poor man's FF Annual 6.  Still a Great Book but until it is assured don't be overpaying for a Speculation book that is Tough in High Grade....That being said, I have 2 Copies but 1 belongs in my Set (Finishing whole defenders Run).  A Key in the Korvac Saga is the Avengers books that Transcend the One Character.   I still think Kang, Annihilus, Galactus, Doom and Mephisto would be more in line as a Major Phase 4 Villain.  HOWEVER being part of the Badoon (Baddy Skrulls) it may seem more in line for a Cap Marvel Villain so basically if you love SPEC this is a No Brainer (and a Good Story to boot)  

Korvac and Annihilus have been great spec. for a long time along with Kang. Kang had been rumored for years to show up in some of the movies that have already been released. I think he will show when they do a Young Avengers movie.

But, to my comment, the OP said "Hope you all have gotten some GS Defenders 3 before the announcement."

To my knowledge there has been no announcement and online articles are all based around a reddit post.

As Bird had mentioned in moderns heating up, astonishing X-Men #6 2004 . Two covers available standard and promo *reprint image of astonishing #3*  

*FAR FROM HOME SPOILERS BELOW!*

Spoiler

Spider-Man far from home end credits scene.This issue is S.W.O.R.D. first appearance. Also first Abigail Brand. 

Edited by maidenmate91

Here's a tip for the Joker movie, Batman: Streets of Gotham #19.  There are some story parallels with the House of Hush story line.  Low print run for a bat book.  White cover, may be to find in high grade.

Edited by Ralph Snart

4 hours ago, Ralph Snart said:

Here's a tip for the Joker movie, Batman: Streets of Gotham #19.  There are some story parallels with the House of Hush story line.  Low print run for a bat book.  White cover, may be to find in high grade.

Have you watched the movie ?  Going by the trailers, this book has no parallels.

1 hour ago, Ralph Snart said:

I've read the ---script.  There are flashbacks to the Joker's youth that are similar to Sonny in House of Hush.  Then: 

This is pre-heat spec.  Just digging into the spec on this movie.  I could be 100% wrong.

A little while back the director said the movie doesn't follow anything from comics.

http://collider.com/joker-movie-doesnt-follow-comics/

It's a movie based on the most famous villain in comics.  There's going to be spec on it somewhere. YMMV, just pointing out the similarity in plot points.  Don't forget, we live in a world where the 1st appearance of Fat Thor gets some juice.

34 minutes ago, Ralph Snart said:

It's a movie based on the most famous villain in comics.  There's going to be spec on it somewhere. YMMV, just pointing out the similarity in plot points.  Don't forget, we live in a world where the 1st appearance of Fat Thor gets some juice.

Right, but which Joker is it? There are three you know.

After the D23 announcement hype wears off, I’d keep an eye on a few 2099-related books based on the November solicits.

Aside, from the obvious Spider-Man 2099 books, which have been gaining momentum, my guess is MCP #118 and Doom 2099 #1 may receive some attention.