• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Anyone have luck finding aforce 3 brooks variant.....i preordered a couple but local stores didnt order enought to get it

Wow A-Force is doing that poorly? Or are these smaller stores?

No..it is doing that poorly.

It depends on readership locally, and I am kind of pleased to hear this books numbers are lower, just means they are a little more realistic. Like Ultimates too, not a whole lot of readership, but well written books.

A lot of books numbers are propped up by Variants. We have the readership to support 40 copies of A-Force at my local store. However, we now have "propped up" DEADPOOL. 4 variants every issue is getting to be ridiculous, but I'd buy as many copies of the WOP Deadpool 2099 cover as you can find. It's the one to have.

Anyone have luck finding aforce 3 brooks variant.....i preordered a couple but local stores didnt order enought to get it

Wow A-Force is doing that poorly? Or are these smaller stores?

they're not huge stores but the guy in one store said he had a few long boxes of unpurchased variants and had to cut costs where he could.

Batman 34 Selfie is the first Duke on the front cover as Robin...sure it's 13 issues after the supposed 1st app in Batman 21 but I've seen crazier things happen in regards to being on the front cover.

batman-34_zpst4yjikdj.jpg

Edited by krighton

1st Duke Thomas as Robin.

7DB3422D-A9E3-4345-BF9A-ADD2D5B06CDA_zpsvwh7tda7.jpg

Cheers!

That's in Future's End, different than Prime Earth.

Batman 34 Selfie is the first Duke on the front cover as Robin...sure it's 13 issues after the supposed 1st app in Batman 21 but I've seen crazier things happen in regards to being on the front cover.

Robin? Better look again.... :makepoint:

Hello

I was looking over my local retailers list of new books this week and saw something

different. I looked it up online and it seems interesting. I mean I am a sucker for first issues, but does this one have potential to get hot?

Their kickstarter says only 1440 copies were ordered, that's really low, right?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ohhellcomics/oh-hell-an-original-graphic-novel/posts/1487543

Hello

I was looking over my local retailers list of new books this week and saw something

different. I looked it up online and it seems interesting. I mean I am a sucker for first issues, but does this one have potential to get hot?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ohhellcomics/oh-hell-an-original-graphic-novel/posts/1487543

1,440 is low for a Marvel or DC comic, but not unheard of for an independent. I bet if you look around on Kickstarter there are plenty of self published comics that are 1,000 or less.

Also, just because it's a low print, it doesn't mean there is associated value. There are other factors you have to consider as well.

Hello

1,440 is low for a Marvel or DC comic, but not unheard of for an independent. I bet if you look around on Kickstarter there are plenty of self published comics that are 1,000 or less.

Also, just because it's a low print, it doesn't mean there is associated value. There are other factors you have to consider as well.

Precisely so. There may only be 1440 copies, but if only 500 people want them, then they're not going to be worth much. The demand part of "supply and demand" is the key.