• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

50 sets and 100 single color books sold in 12 hours vs 10,000 Turner HQ#1 variants sold in hours. 1 person could easily have bought the entire print run of this book in 1 minute. Will they be worth the price you paid in a year, maybe, worth hundreds in a year maybe. But I am not so sure micro printings for retailers are tremendous speculative plays. They are however great additions to a personal collection. IMHO

....and were then cancelled a week later.

How about Reborn #1 coming from Image in October? It is written by Mark Millar and drawn by Greg Capullo. There are covers by Capullo, Jock, Frank Cho, John Cassaday and a blank. There is also a 1:100 sketch cover by Capullo and a 1:25 Todd McFarlane retailer variant.

That's a lot of big names and Image seems to be on a roll. I'm going to take a stab at it. I ordered three of each of the non-limited covers. Hoping I can get the Capullo sketch and the McFarlane.

I been looking at this, I'm going to get the variants but wow, one of them on DCBS is going for 200 so not sure about that! However the story alone I think is potentially good enough to be a hit, I really love a lot of what Image comes out with. Most what I read is from them, Saga, Chew, Descender, and I'm waiting for Surgeon X and Seven.

Edited by theblessedwolf

50 sets and 100 single color books sold in 12 hours vs 10,000 Turner HQ#1 variants sold in hours. 1 person could easily have bought the entire print run of this book in 1 minute. Will they be worth the price you paid in a year, maybe, worth hundreds in a year maybe. But I am not so sure micro printings for retailers are tremendous speculative plays. They are however great additions to a personal collection. IMHO

....and were then cancelled a week later.

And subsequently absorbed by the market....

Millar's all about that movie dollar now though surely? Isn't all of his output ticking boxes and limited so he can move onto the next thing.

I don't know, Reborn has Capullo excited and any book that has him excited has me having a little bit of hype.

Godspeed is possibly going to show up in the Flash tv show

http://screenrant.com/flash-season-3-savitar-musical-crossover/

Huh? Are you talking about this? I think the Hindu word for Savitar means God of Speed.

yeah, a stretch, and Savitar has been around before but Godspeed in rebirth is still a mystery.

Are you saying they are the same person?

Godspeed is possibly going to show up in the Flash tv show

http://screenrant.com/flash-season-3-savitar-musical-crossover/

Huh? Are you talking about this? I think the Hindu word for Savitar means God of Speed.

yeah, a stretch, and Savitar has been around before but Godspeed in rebirth is still a mystery.

Are you saying they are the same person?

I've seen stranger things happen.