• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:
7 hours ago, Insanity said:

so with spider-man homecoming what comics should we snatch up 

AMAZING SPIDERMAN v1#2 (1st Vulture)

Amazing Spiderman 1, Amazing Fantasy 15

15 hours ago, Muaythai607 said:

Regression # 1 Image comics :) hope you don't sleep on this one.

Only cover A's to be found around here, all variants were reserved for pulls. Those variants and Mindbender seem to be the elusive ones today, for me.

9 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Only cover A's to be found around here, all variants were reserved for pulls. Those variants and Mindbender seem to be the elusive ones today, for me.

You can buy Mindbender variants directly from Scout's website.

Looking forward to reading it. 

I've probably mentioned it before but the Rebirth Harley Quinn B covers by Bill Sienkiewicz  ( #4 is his best) and especially Frank Cho, look to be future hits to me. The Wonder Woman B covers are great too but the A covers are just as nice.  Knowing that a lot of people seem to be cover buyers, these are good bets imo.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its looking like Totally Awesome Hulk 19 is going to end up doing well. It sold out and is going back for a 2nd print. 2nd prints seem to be selling out as well.

I thought Marvel wasn't doing any crossover events?

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I thought Marvel wasn't doing any crossover events?

They said no mega events planned thus far after Secret Empire. Of course, that doesn't stop crossovers and events during Secret Empire. :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, aerischan said:

They said no mega events planned thus far after Secret Empire. Of course, that doesn't stop crossovers and events during Secret Empire. :facepalm:

Yea, by the time it was announced I'm sure the writing and art was being finalized.

Usually these crossovers have one book that has lower sales and is harder to find. Looks like this is just between Weapon X and TA Hulk and the WMD one-shot. That being said, TA Hulk 19 may be the one to get as it isn't even cracking 20k right now. But the second print doesn't help.

Edited by ygogolak

This book is SELLING on the bay. And can you blame the buyers?

Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #6 1:10 variant

Final issue...

At and avg est sales of 20-22k per issue, the print run on this should be in the low thousands

Winning Batgril cover should make this book timeless

s-l1600.jpg

44 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

This book is SELLING on the bay. And can you blame the buyers?

Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #6 1:10 variant

Final issue...

At and avg est sales of 20-22k per issue, the print run on this should be in the low thousands

Winning Batgril cover should make this book timeless

s-l1600.jpg

I was surprised this one wasn't selling for more. Odd. Maybe it will catch fire at some point.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

6 hours ago, aerischan said:

Yea, by the time it was announced I'm sure the writing and art was being finalized.

Usually these crossovers have one book that has lower sales and is harder to find. Looks like this is just between Weapon X and TA Hulk and the WMD one-shot. That being said, TA Hulk 19 may be the one to get as it isn't even cracking 20k right now. But the second print doesn't help.

I don't see how a 2nd print hurts a book. 

I cant say its going to take off yet, and you can still get some copies online, but they are almost all gone now. But how often do you see a book and there are no copies for resale? Currently just one at auction. I think after WMD comes out this book will see some appreciation.

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I cant say its going to take off yet, and you can still get some copies online, but they are almost all gone now. But how often do you see a book and there are no copies for resale? Currently just one at auction. I think after WMD comes out this book will see some appreciation.

Just going by recent history. For event books that go across multiple series, there is usually one that has a lower print run and readers have to scramble to find it and will pay more so they can read the story for the entire event. Books like these that were harder to find went up in value. Readers want these for the content, so if it's a 1st or subsequent printing it doesn't really matter. If they don't reprint it, value goes up.

Nightcrawler #7 (Death of Wolverine)

Nova #36 (Thanos Imperative)

All-New X-Men #22 & 23 (Trial of Jean Grey)

Captain Marvel #14 (Black Vortex)

etc...

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just going by recent history. For event books that go across multiple series, there is usually one that has a lower print run and readers have to scramble to find it and will pay more so they can read the story for the entire event. Books like these that were harder to find went up in value. Readers want these for the content, so if it's a 1st or subsequent printing it doesn't really matter. If they don't reprint it, value goes up.

Nightcrawler #7 (Death of Wolverine)

Nova #36 (Thanos Imperative)

All-New X-Men #22 & 23 (Trial of Jean Grey)

Captain Marvel #14 (Black Vortex)

etc...

While I am not disagreeing those books are all good examples don't forget about the 1st print buyer and the OCD buyer who must have them all.

Edited by fastballspecial