• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Wailing Blade #1 (Comixtribe) wasn't on the shelves of any of the LCS I frequent. Ended up picking up a Day and Night set off the bay. Anyone else have to buy this issue online?

Edited by kairos70

22 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Wailing Blade #1 (Comixtribe) wasn't on the shelves of any of the LCS I frequent. Ended up picking up a Day and Night set off the bay. Anyone else have to buy this issue online?

Midtown still has them as of this moment. I'm thinking about grabbing another one myself.

25 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

pump it pump it  UP

No one is pumping anything. I only have the copies I bought off of Ebay. I never even saw a solicitation for the title. I picked up on the title from some guys weekly Wednesday NCBD report on FB. That's when I realized none of my shops carried the title.

13 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Midtown still has them as of this moment. I'm thinking about grabbing another one myself.

I'm not surprised that a big online retailer like Midtown has it. It just concerns me as a collector that the brick-n-mortar stores I frequent didn't have a single copy. If it wasn't for the FB post I wouldn't have known this title existed. I feel like I am missing out and they are holding back on ordering many independent titles I would possibly enjoy reading. Another title that I missed out on initially was Knights of the Golden Sun. One shop started carrying it after I added it to my pull list but it was on issue #4 by then.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:58 AM, Second Blight said:

pump it pump it  UP

On 6/4/2019 at 8:43 AM, kairos70 said:

I would focus on the kickstarter for Wailing Blade rather than the regular book.  My 2c

On 5/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

DMG tweeted this yesterday:

Of course, the first appearance of Faith is already pricey. The first appearance in the relaunch is already sought after by fans because it's the first Livewire. But there are a few potential Faith issues that might be worth looking at.

Faith's gotten quite obese lately. #ZephyrAintSoHotNoMore

:whee:

1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

I would focus on the kickstarter for Wailing Blade rather than the regular book.  My 2c

Yeah, I took that in consideration after talking to one of the LCS retailers. He didn't order any Wailing Blades because not one person set up a subscription for it. I did the kickstarter thing with White Widow. I'm not a fan of the process but it seems to be the trend now.