• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

Any spec on the Marvel Lenticular books coming in a few months???  I was never suckered in to the DC offerings really, but some of the throwback covers are looking pretty neat.  I am debating ordering a few copies of the covers I like.  Are any of you currently reading Marvel stuff excited for these storylines or what??

Plenty of retailers planning on not ordering the variants due to the high gating requirements so it might make for decent spec based on cover. Alas, these feature pretty much the same creative teams on the same titles pre-Legacy (a lot of which are selling at sub-20K). I think one poster from either Bleeding Cool or CBR pretty much described the 3D variants as putting lipstick on a pig. :p

Among the Legacy titles, Jason Aaron's Mighty Thor gets good reviews, though.

I'll be buying some and I did buy the DC covers. Some of my favorite books ever. It was a gimmick that looked cool. Hoping the same for Marvel. :wishluck:

I read Marvel books from time to time to make sure I'm not missing the comeback...so far, I feel safe in that I haven't missed it yet. I do have my eyes on Thanos with Cates taking over in issue #13. Pretty excited about it. I'd be more excited if he were writing Spider-man, Batman, the Punisher, or Daredevil. He would nail all of them imo.

Cates is going to be working on both Thanos and Dr. Strange at Marvel. 

Re: Marvel Legacy lenticulars, my plan is to get the one for the regular titles I'm currently reading (X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, Venom, Spectacular Spider-Man), and then I'll probably pick up one or two other cool covers. Right now thinking 1) Cable - NM87 homage, 2) Deadpool - ASM129 homage.

1 hour ago, CKinTO said:

Cates is going to be working on both Thanos and Dr. Strange at Marvel. 

Re: Marvel Legacy lenticulars, my plan is to get the one for the regular titles I'm currently reading (X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, Venom, Spectacular Spider-Man), and then I'll probably pick up one or two other cool covers. Right now thinking 1) Cable - NM87 homage, 2) Deadpool - ASM129 homage.

Can you post a pic of the lenticover NM87 and ASM129 covers or a link works too. Haven't seen these before, but might opt to get em. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Can you post a pic of the lenticover NM87 and ASM129 covers or a link works too. Haven't seen these before, but might opt to get em. Thanks!

This BleedingCool article has animated gifs of all the covers in alpha order. You can see the Cable (NM87) and Deadpool (ASM129) in the top 2 rows.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/20/comic-store-marvel-lenticular-covers/

17 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What are the odds that Next Men 21 heats up due to his upcoming inclusion in the Injustice 2 game? I know it sounds ridiculous, but a video game is what jump started Black Mask's popularity.

I think the new movie in the works has more weight.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Ugh. I wish they'd stop shoe-horning Mortal Kombat and Indie characters into a DC game, and give us more, you know, DC characters. Since it's a DC game. With DC characters.

From DC Comics.

You know?

17 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ugh. I wish they'd stop shoe-horning Mortal Kombat and Indie characters into a DC game, and give us more, you know, DC characters. Since it's a DC game. With DC characters.

From DC Comics.

You know?

Stop with the A-listers from other companies and give us more D-listers from DC! lol

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Stop with the A-listers from other companies and give us more D-listers from DC! lol

For a DC Comics fighting game? Yup! I'd take Mazing Man and Captain Carrot over Spawn, since, again, it's a DC Universe fighting game. Throw all of the indie characters into their own game, if that's what people want. 

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

For a DC Comics fighting game? Yup! I'd take Mazing Man and Captain Carrot over Spawn, since, again, it's a DC Universe fighting game. Throw all of the indie characters into their own game, if that's what people want. 

My guess is that they did some research and you were the only guy hoping for the Carrot over Spawn.  Dang popularity contests.