• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

This is not a 5.00 book nor is it a modern but it is highly undervalued. Ladies and Gentleman...Eternals 11st series. Ok its not new news that this book is undervalue and I am aware of the high print numbers of Bronse age 1st issues. This is a Kirby art, Kirby story book. The reason I bring up this spec? Well I have a strong belief that "Ike" Ikaris the Eternal may be Peter's father in the cinimatic marvel U. I know...I know. Everybody thinks Starhawk and his 1st has sky rocketed. Why do i say Ikaris? The Nova corp said his DNA is mixed with "something very ancient they have never seen befor" Starhawk is not from the past but from the far future. Ikaris is an Eternal and they are "the ancient race of humans made by the Celestials". We know Thanos is an Eternal and the Celestials have already been mentioned in Gardians. Ikaris was on earth in the Late 70's waiting for the 2nd comming of the Celestials. I Would say by Peters age and era of his music..he was born in the late 70s. Ikaris is fair skinned with blond hair and his power is cosmic based and includes a "light" type of energy blast that can be produced in his body making him glow and shoot energy from his hands. Peters mom reffered to his father being like an angel..a being of pure light. Yes Ikaris can also fly "angel like". This took some pondering..I didnt just pull it of the scec tree in my back yard.

Find Gunn on Facebook and ask him. Apparently there is still some major secret from the first film that has yet to be discovered.

It looks like the rights to Taskmaster have reverted back to Marvel. Avengers 195?

It jumped two years ago. Why does it matter who owns the rights now?

Might want to check 194 though.

With rights reverting back to Marvel I would think there's a greater chance a popular character will be used in a film or show or at least a much larger chance than say if the property stayed with Fox.

I mention 195 because that is generally considered to be his first appearance as far as the market is concerned. If he appears in 194 then I'm with you.

It looks like the rights to Taskmaster have reverted back to Marvel. Avengers 195?

It jumped two years ago. Why does it matter who owns the rights now?

Might want to check 194 though.

With rights reverting back to Marvel I would think there's a greater chance a popular character will be used in a film or show or at least a much larger chance than say if the property stayed with Fox.

I mention 195 because that is generally considered to be his first appearance as far as the market is concerned. If he appears in 194 then I'm with you.

I understand that, but at this point I would think that would be way down the line as they already have most of the plots through 2020. Who knows, maybe they worked him into a story line assuming they would get the rights back. Also, I could only see him in a movie because his head is a skull, unless they went with the more contemporary look where he has a mask like Crossbones. The only TV show I could see him in at this point would be SHIELD. He doesn't fit in any of the Netflix shows. Would have been great for Civil War though.

Sorry, got my issues mixed up. 195 is the cameo and more affordable, 196 is the cover and first full.

196 jumped a couple years back from a $40 book to $100 or more in NM.

X-Force?

If Domino is in it, any of the early appearances. Of course NM 98, then there is X-Force #8, and X-Force 11, which has an early Deadpool appearance as well.

I really like Domino as a future pick. Easy cosplay to duplicate and a fun character. The supply of her early appearances should keep the price reasonable even if she does explode but who knows - look at NM 98.

3rd Print is lowest print run on X-Force 100, lets Cap Marvel 17 2nd the hell out of it because I am stocked! lol At least I am honest about the pump and dump!,

Liefeld stuff is hot?!?!? I'd start a Liefeld appreciation thread, but the mods would have enough trouble cleaning that thread up from foot jokes, among other things.

And I'll be darned if I didn't have a tough time finding a good price on the Deadpool Cable: Split Second #1 Liefeld Variant in high grade.

the Deadpool #1 Liefeld varaints have been selling REALLY well for me too btw.

3rd Print is lowest print run on X-Force 100, lets Cap Marvel 17 2nd the hell out of it because I am stocked! lol At least I am honest about the pump and dump!,

Liefeld stuff is hot?!?!? I'd start a Liefeld appreciation thread, but the mods would have enough trouble cleaning that thread up from foot jokes, among other things.

And I'll be darned if I didn't have a tough time finding a good price on the Deadpool Cable: Split Second #1 Liefeld Variant in high grade.

the Deadpool #1 Liefeld varaints have been selling REALLY well for me too btw.

(shrug)I don't think the mods ever had to get involved.

Amazing Spiderman 700 later printings have some pretty low prints. I've been picking these up whenever I see em.

Comichron states the following

1st - 200900

2nd - 49355

3rd print - 7662 (Big Drop)

4th print - 5334 (Even smaller)

5th print - not even listed (came out in August 2013) guessing under 2K - Hard to find and in high grade - best copy I have found in the wild is about a 9.0

I figure with all the spiderman variant talks these copies should be on everyone's watch list.

Amazing Spiderman 700 later printings have some pretty low prints. I've been picking these up whenever I see em.

Comichron states the following

1st - 200900

2nd - 49355

3rd print - 7662 (Big Drop)

4th print - 5334 (Even smaller)

5th print - not even listed (came out in August 2013) guessing under 2K - Hard to find and in high grade - best copy I have found in the wild is about a 9.0

I figure with all the spiderman variant talks these copies should be on everyone's watch list.

The Spider-Man variants that have climbed considerably have been both rare and have covers which are unique and interest people. These on the other hand, eh...

I will say however, I am not hording them, but if I see a nice high grade of any print for about $3 I will pick it up.