• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Since we have a heating up thread, what about a "Pre-Heating Up" thread?

To start it off..

Contest of Champions #3 (2015)

Rumored to be a Venom/Hulk mashup ala What If... #4 (vol 2), which then gave us Incredible Hulk vol 4 #4 (variant)

Since we have a heating up thread, what about a "Pre-Heating Up" thread?

To start it off..

Contest of Champions #3 (2015)

Rumored to be a Venom/Hulk mashup ala What If... #4 (vol 2), which then gave us Incredible Hulk vol 4 #4 (variant)

Trying to pump up books you plan to sell......?

*cough*

lots of people post here with underlying agendas

some people spend hundreds, or thousands of posts hocking, and pumping and pimping their wares

some of the perceived "hostility" is just long term members tired of attempted manipulation by other boardies. thus every post (especially from new people) is met with an assumption of agenda...

Cage Max set may get a Netflix bump.

Bloodstone #1, Elsa is going to end up on a screen somewhere

Deadpool MWAM #7 1st Lady Deadpool because Gwenpool needs a nemesis

Deadpool (2008) #19 - 1st Hit Monkey - James Gunn wants to do a movie badly

Nemesis set - Movie is coming, then it isn't, when it is again look out

I've been buying up all the Uncanny X-Men 148 & Uncanny X-Men 169 when I see them at a good price. 1st Caliban and the Morlocks seems like a no brainer to me. Of course now I have 30 copies of both so they are definitely not hard to find.

I'm buying up the Bloodstone #1 and picking up the Lady Deadpool #1 with the pizza cover. Its a winner.

I've been buying up all the Uncanny X-Men 148 & Uncanny X-Men 169 when I see them at a good price. 1st Caliban and the Morlocks seems like a no brainer to me. Of course now I have 30 copies of both so they are definitely not hard to find.

I'm buying the too. Some of them have the Mark's Jewelers inserts which is an added bonus. I also just sent a few to CGC. These books were a big deal when they were new to most people.

I'm not buying the Bloodstone information.

Also, I wouldn't touch a Millar book for spec. Secret Service was a great movie and did well and it got about a $1 bump.

Secret Service was selling for around $30 a set for the 2 months leading up to the movie. The problem for that series ( which was excellent. ) and Nemesis is that there is no new book related to the story coming out between movies. People have short attention spans. 2c

There are books that hold value after the series is over. Y is an example, but they are few and far between.

I have a handful of copies of Bloodstone, but it's mostly in my (naïve & fantastical) hope of seeing Nextwave in live action. But I don't think there's enough cocaine in all of Hollywood to get that made. And I'm sad.

Secret Service was selling for around $30 a set for the 2 months leading up to the movie. The problem for that series ( which was excellent. ) and Nemesis is that there is no new book related to the story coming out between movies. People have short attention spans. 2c

There are books that hold value after the series is over. Y is an example, but they are few and far between.

$30 for a set of 6 books isn't worth the investment, IMO. Unless you can get them for $1 each in NM, that's if you can actually get top dollar too. Lot of if's in there.

Like I said, I wouldn't touch a Millar book for spec. at this point.

On Millar books for spec:

Ditto with Wanted. I had a few sets prior to the release of that movie & I think I barely recouped cover price when I put them on eBay.

But...I think the Civil War mini has a long way to go in the next month. It's been confirmed that a trailer for the film will debut with Star Wars, so I expect a big late-December bump with these books.

Yes, they are common as dirt, but I foresee even the regular issues climbing steadily between now & April.