• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I think Captain America #25 will go up in value after Civil War. hm

Doubt it. I predict Disney pulls a fast one on us & has Tony Stark be assassinated instead.

I just figured they wouldn't kill him at all and replace him with Bucky.

I think Captain America #25 will go up in value after Civil War. hm

Doubt it. I predict Disney pulls a fast one on us & has Tony Stark be assassinated instead.

I just figured they wouldn't kill him at all and replace him with Bucky.

Stark going down makes sense, especially with Downey's contract "annoyances"

Figure the same. Also why kill Tony? Hes the movie money maker. Can anybody say "Tony Stark Director of Shield".

RDJ's contract is ending soon...

Plus, it has already been extended once. I believe his original contract was for 3 movies, and he will now be in at least 8? That is why he got the percentage deal that netted him north of 50 mil for the first Avenger movie. And I think all new major cast members are being signed to longer contracts now (think they must commit to 6 now).

Edited by drotto

Thing is, all of their contracts are ending soon. Evans contract ends with Infinity War. Same with Hemsworth with Thor 3 & Infinity War. And RDJ's technically ends with Civil War, but I think they extended it for 1 movie to have him in Infinity War as well. Unless he dies like some of you have speculated.

This is not a 5.00 book nor is it a modern but it is highly undervalued. Ladies and Gentleman...Eternals 11st series. Ok its not new news that this book is undervalue and I am aware of the high print numbers of Bronse age 1st issues. This is a Kirby art, Kirby story book. The reason I bring up this spec? Well I have a strong belief that "Ike" Ikaris the Eternal may be Peter's father in the cinimatic marvel U. I know...I know. Everybody thinks Starhawk and his 1st has sky rocketed. Why do i say Ikaris? The Nova corp said his DNA is mixed with "something very ancient they have never seen befor" Starhawk is not from the past but from the far future. Ikaris is an Eternal and they are "the ancient race of humans made by the Celestials". We know Thanos is an Eternal and the Celestials have already been mentioned in Gardians. Ikaris was on earth in the Late 70's waiting for the 2nd comming of the Celestials. I Would say by Peters age and era of his music..he was born in the late 70s. Ikaris is fair skinned with blond hair and his power is cosmic based and includes a "light" type of energy blast that can be produced in his body making him glow and shoot energy from his hands. Peters mom reffered to his father being like an angel..a being of pure light. Yes Ikaris can also fly "angel like". This took some pondering..I didnt just pull it of the scec tree in my back yard.

The big quote from the Guardians movie was from his mother saying he had something to do with being created from light. If you look at Starhawk's first appearance, it fits very closely.

All that aside, the movies tend to stray from the comic stories, so all of this may be a moot point.

Yes, the Wizard 1/2 is a weird one....

The 1/2 story falls between Titans 6 and 7, and has " a ravager" on the cover, but we don't find out who that person is on the 1/2 cover until she puts on the costume and introduces herself as Ravager two months later at the end of issue 8. CGC labels issue 8 as 1st Rose Wilson as Ravager.

Cheers!

I've never heard of 8 being labeled her first, but I will put it on the radar. Although, at this point I am thinking what is the speculation value? She did already appear on Arrow.

Edited by ygogolak

Peter Quil is Thanos's nephew from Firefox/Eros.

(Of course, Starlord/Quil already has an origin story in the comics, why not just use that? Understanding bringing ANOTHER empire into the mix will confuse things a lot, but heck, we're going to need to explain Skrulls and a bunch of others anyway)

On an unrelated note, so, can the Shi'ar not be used in these Marvel movies because they are an x-men spin-off? How does all of that work?

If I had to pick one book to move off the under $5 list it would be Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #1. Low print run, great character, mighty avengers was a great read, and soon to get much more exposure leading the New Ultimates with Captain Marvel and America Chavez.

Cheers!

Great pick, I've only been able to find 2 copies at various LCSs in the last year and it's going for a decent amount

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=adam++blue+marvel&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC2.A0.H0.Xadam++blue+marvel+1.TRS1&_nkw=adam++blue+marvel+1&_sacat=63

This is not a 5.00 book nor is it a modern but it is highly undervalued. Ladies and Gentleman...Eternals 11st series. Ok its not new news that this book is undervalue and I am aware of the high print numbers of Bronse age 1st issues. This is a Kirby art, Kirby story book. The reason I bring up this spec? Well I have a strong belief that "Ike" Ikaris the Eternal may be Peter's father in the cinimatic marvel U. I know...I know. Everybody thinks Starhawk and his 1st has sky rocketed. Why do i say Ikaris? The Nova corp said his DNA is mixed with "something very ancient they have never seen befor" Starhawk is not from the past but from the far future. Ikaris is an Eternal and they are "the ancient race of humans made by the Celestials". We know Thanos is an Eternal and the Celestials have already been mentioned in Gardians. Ikaris was on earth in the Late 70's waiting for the 2nd comming of the Celestials. I Would say by Peters age and era of his music..he was born in the late 70s. Ikaris is fair skinned with blond hair and his power is cosmic based and includes a "light" type of energy blast that can be produced in his body making him glow and shoot energy from his hands. Peters mom reffered to his father being like an angel..a being of pure light. Yes Ikaris can also fly "angel like". This took some pondering..I didnt just pull it of the scec tree in my back yard.

(thumbs u Eternals 1, and Eternals 2 (1st Celestials) are smart picks, I've been stocking up on both issues for a while, almost anything 1970's oddball is a good bet with GOTG movies.

I don't see them going with Starhawk or Starfox if only for the reason of having another "Star" character because the general movie going public and parents shopping for their kids may get confused.

Although I wouldn't put it past Gun to throw both of them into the movie and have Starlord be constant victim of a "who's on first" gag: "Starfox? No, it's Starlord. Did you say Starhawk? No, Starlord, Darklord? Starlord. Darkhawk?...."

On an unrelated note, so, can the Shi'ar not be used in these Marvel movies because they are an x-men spin-off? How does all of that work?

Shi'Ar are specifically listed in the X-Men contract with Fox. So they were off-limits to Marvel.

(thumbs u Eternals 1, and Eternals 2 (1st Celestials) are smart picks, I've been stocking up on both issues for a while, almost anything 1970's oddball is a good bet with GOTG movies.

I don't see them going with Starhawk or Starfox if only for the reason of having another "Star" character because the general movie going public and parents shopping for their kids may get confused.

Although I wouldn't put it past Gun to throw both of them into the movie and have Starlord be constant victim of a "who's on first" gag: "Starfox? No, it's Starlord. Did you say Starhawk? No, Starlord, Darklord? Starlord. Darkhawk?...."

Did someone say Darkhawk and movie?

If I had to pick one book to move off the under $5 list it would be Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #1. Low print run, great character, mighty avengers was a great read, and soon to get much more exposure leading the New Ultimates with Captain Marvel and America Chavez.

Cheers!

Great pick, I've only been able to find 2 copies at various LCSs in the last year and it's going for a decent amount

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=adam++blue+marvel&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC2.A0.H0.Xadam++blue+marvel+1.TRS1&_nkw=adam++blue+marvel+1&_sacat=63

Funny I just came across one today when treasure hunting. Didnt know about this book. Thanks (thumbs u

I would add Huck #1 this week. Millar title. Albuquerque art. Get it at cover sell at triple in a year. Thinking all these Marvel #1 mean less on this than normal.

Triple in a year.....? For a Millar book.....?

HA

Yea, I'll gladly take that bet that it won't be triple.

Edited by ygogolak

yeah, but starfox is a ladies man who gets around so it's totally conveivable he comes to earth for some nooky, skedadles on his responsibilities and then feels bad like 10 years later and sends yondu to go get him...