• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I meant his admission about it being Warlock's cocoon in GOTG, the denying it, then confirming it again.

He's been pretty consistent with saying that J'Son isn't Starlord's father in GOTG2, mainly because he always hated the name

Sorry on the quoting the wrong post there, i was typing a different reply on the cocoon one and it got my father comment.

Never seen this one here, Im pretty sure its not heating up or gonna heat up, but what the heck, I had a minute to kill, so here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oxymoron-loveliest-nightmare-1-Larrys-Variant-Spider-Man-1-Homage-Ltd-1-000-/221961424010?hash=item33adee8c8a:g:3uYAAOSw0JpV3N3c

This was HOT for a second when it came out....

But please God, skip the Larry Variants !!!

Never seen this one here, Im pretty sure its not heating up or gonna heat up, but what the heck, I had a minute to kill, so here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oxymoron-loveliest-nightmare-1-Larrys-Variant-Spider-Man-1-Homage-Ltd-1-000-/221961424010?hash=item33adee8c8a:g:3uYAAOSw0JpV3N3c

Bait

Taunt

Troll

Bait

Taunt

Troll

Not liking your variants does not a troll make. (thumbs u

Im not in the "favoritism" group here. My opinion always was, is and will be based on research and well.. Opinion..

Quick search shows that the seller has sold these copies in the past in groups of 6 with no completed listings noticed without a sale. All for 10 a pop

Add to that a very popular cover swipe, limited print run and high sales on swipes such as THIS ONE and it all falls into proportion for me.

Thats why its in this thread, and not in the heating up thread.

.. Speculator, please

I really liked the Red Ten series, but the delays between issues were so obnoxious that I just gave up

Throwing this out there for Star-Lord's father spec, hell we're all just throwing it at the wall hoping one of them sticks...

Much has been mentioned with The Eternals / Ikarus (good bet), but how about Ikarus' father Ikaeden?

Introduced in The Eternal MAX #1.

Ancient race (check), looks old enough to pass for SL's father (check), modern storyline loosely based on older series which Gunn seems to like to adapt (check).

Whatever, grabbed a couple on ebay for $1-$2, can't hurt

This could be a hot dog or a cold wiener, but I think the Campbell variant for Gwenpool will go up (although the print run may be huge). I think the Ferry variant also may have legs, but they are already $18, or $11ish of you buy ten. I'm not buying multiple of either, but I think I will get one of each.

Edited by freecharlie

This could be a hot dog or a cold wiener, but I think the Campbell variant for Gwenpool will go up (although the print run may be huge). I think the Ferry variant also may have legs, but they are already $18, or $11ish of you buy ten. I'm not buying multiple of either, but I think I will get one of each.
This mad me lol

Print run is WAY HIGH BRO. Long enough to see this on Midtown's shelf when I travel there, once every 2 years.

Print run is WAY HIGH BRO. Long enough to see this on Midtown's shelf when I travel there, once every 2 years.

Very few Midtown variants have risen in value.

With very very rare exceptions store variants have little speculative value.

I do think regional releases, those LCS variants are generally a bit more niche. Sure, they're priced higher than the normal comics, but as far as general hobby respect, they seem to be a bit less sought after. They feel like reprints and manufactured collectibles that a store commissions an artist to do, and places an order with Marvel to make all in the name of creating a demand for a limited edition, where traditionally there's more of a chase for variants or the old school way where a comic is printed, goes out of print, later becomes popular, then sought after.

I do think regional releases, those LCS variants are generally a bit more niche. Sure, they're priced higher than the normal comics, but as far as general hobby respect, they seem to be a bit less sought after. They feel like reprints and manufactured collectibles that a store commissions an artist to do, and places an order with Marvel to make all in the name of creating a demand for a limited edition, where traditionally there's more of a chase for variants or the old school way where a comic is printed, goes out of print, later becomes popular, then sought after.

And this has been proven over time to be the comics which hold value and even increase. NYX 3 is the perfect modern example. Low print run, no variants, and character popularity grow slowly over time was not forced. Will maintain value in my estimation.