• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

This could be a hot dog or a cold wiener, but I think the Campbell variant for Gwenpool will go up (although the print run may be huge). I think the Ferry variant also may have legs, but they are already $18, or $11ish of you buy ten. I'm not buying multiple of either, but I think I will get one of each.

Print run is WAY HIGH BRO. Long enough to see this on Midtown's shelf when I travel there, once every 2 years.

Very few Midtown variants have risen in value.

Uncanny X-Force #1 Campbell sells for $5.00 over original price. lol

This could be a hot dog or a cold wiener, but I think the Campbell variant for Gwenpool will go up (although the print run may be huge). I think the Ferry variant also may have legs, but they are already $18, or $11ish of you buy ten. I'm not buying multiple of either, but I think I will get one of each.

Print run is WAY HIGH BRO. Long enough to see this on Midtown's shelf when I travel there, once every 2 years.

But at the same time, the exact same cover without the Midtown stamp sells for closer to $50. (or at least was a few months ago... haven't checked in a while)

I don't know if there's a significant difference in print run, as the non-Midtown version was a ratio variant, but either way... exact same cover, one that's got the Midtown stamp & one without it and with the Marvel box moved to a different corner sells for substantially different prices.

Edited by Doktor

But at the same time, the exact same cover without the Midtown stamp sells for closer to $50. (or at least was a few months ago... haven't checked in a while)

I don't know if there's a significant difference in print run, as the non-Midtown version was a ratio variant, but either way... exact same cover, one that's got the Midtown stamp & one without it and with the Marvel box moved to a different corner sells for substantially different prices.

I have a friend who purchased the right to have an official Marvel store variant printed. Marvel makes you buy a significant number of books to do a run. I feel it is a safe bet most ratio variants have lower numbers than store variants.

I have a friend who purchased the right to have an official Marvel store variant printed. Marvel makes you buy a significant number of books to do a run. I feel it is a safe bet most ratio variants have lower numbers than store variants.

For most comics, this is true. Marvel's minimum for store variants appears to be 3000 copies in color with the option to pick up a minimum 1500 copies in b&w.

Store variants are about the same usually as a 1:25 from what I've seen. A little more, a little less.

So general when most 1:25 variants also stew in back issue bins because nobody wants them.

Anyway, back to pre-heating the oven.

The ANAD ULTIMATES. Good stuff here, Galactus' involvement with the Marvel Universe just had a plot twist.

Silver Age Galactus fans are about to riot.

For most comics, this is true. Marvel's minimum for store variants appears to be 3000 copies in color with the option to pick up a minimum 1500 copies in b&w.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the wholesale cost (per book and if there's any set-up fees aside from commissioning an artist and getting Marvel's approval on the image proposed to be used) is for a retailer to purchase 3,000 of a comic book from Marvel to do a special print run?

Edited by AKA Rick

Anyone think Squadron Supreme 1 might have some legs? I'm not entirely convinced its the main universe, so it may not end up mattering at all.

It is the "Main Universe" as you say also known as 616, and IDK about legs, but the death of a long time character who has been labeled as a Mutant is no big deal for Marvel.

Anyone think Squadron Supreme 1 might have some legs? I'm not entirely convinced its the main universe, so it may not end up mattering at all.

It is the "Main Universe" as you say also known as 616, and IDK about legs, but the death of a long time character who has been labeled as a Mutant is no big deal for Marvel.

Heh, fair point. He'll be resurrected in a few issues anyway I suppose. Good read though, enjoyed it.