• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, divad said:

:gossip: Mine's a glossy - there's no way, holding it in your hand, you would describe it as matte . . . .

If it's the one you showed on the board, it's matte.  They're both glossy, if we're just saying 'they shine'.  That's why the width of the cover is necessary to differentiate.  For 20 years, there was no sure way to tell.

Edited by valiantman

9 hours ago, the authority said:

There are lots of Miller books that would be great to see make it on Netflix. Jupiter's Legacy would be my most highly anticipated book. :wishluck:

Jupiter's Legacy would be a great show and I like the chances for Superior as a Netflix movie (although Superior, Starlight and Huck could be easily readapted into a multi-season series).

On 8/2/2017 at 10:30 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

I think this book will be selling for $10 the same day on eBay and also think there will be pretty consistent demands through cons and other venues.  I bet fairly large on this book myself---great short and long term pick imo....

Good call, hope you're cashing in!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=supergirl+13+variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsupergirl+12+variant.TRS0&_nkw=supergirl+12+variant&_sacat=0

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like I got lucky on this one!  I better get off my butt and sell a few.  I think book was a complete surprise and was really under-ordered---was anyone ordering a lot of Supergirl??  I keep hearing stories that people showed up to their LCS and there were none on the wall at opening time---that could bode well for the future of this book too.....

On 8/2/2017 at 9:02 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I agree on all points. I also don't think that it won't be an easy sell at $10+ in a few months at cons from casual collectors/fans who just love to look at and display covers.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I only pre-ordered 10 copies from my LCS at a 20% discount. The owner said he had a guy waiting at the front door as he opened asking about it. Not sure why, but the only B covers he ordered were for the 4 customers (me included) who specifically asked for cover B.

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!